Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Best concealer for under eye circles
Previous  1  2

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:54 pm
Ok so I flush easily, after dancing, workout etc
I look like I have gone and done something I shouldn't have, honest I have not Twisted Evil
WHat can I do to disguise it. It bothers me more then anyoneelse but so what Confused

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 7:28 pm
ok faigie, terrific answer. So now tell me what to do that I have puffy bags under my eyes, sometimes a bit darker, sometimes almost same color as skin? I tried various things to get the puffyness down but it doesn't work, that's just the way my eyes are...

faigie

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:50 am
To Tefila:
If one puts on a medium coverage , custom blended foundation, sealed in with shabbos minerals BEFORE you start dancing,, most, if not all, of the flush will be conceled under your makeup.!

To Freidasima:
first question please.. have you always had those puffys? Puffy eyes later in life can be signs of issues that are not simply cosmetic.........
Options.........I dont know what youve tried,, but youve got options
1. commercial albumin based products which act sort of like a girdle on your skin, tightening it up
2. oldie but goody...... have you tried the cold spoons trick?
3. back in the day we used a bit of Preparation H on the skin,, thing is this is NOT what the product was intended for,, and I shudder to think if anyone actually got the product in their eye what would happen......... but it worked....it constricted blood vessels..... which is what Prep H does for your ( excuse my language,) tush...........but if u had an allergic reaction........ dont ask.
Far safer alternatives...........Caffeinated tea bags on the eyes, or dabbing Afrin on with a cotton ball for example, also constricts blood vessels with no risk of a visit to the dermatologist for steroids!) If your puffy eyes are chronic ,, cutting back on salt, drinking more water, exercising frequently with deep breathing and sleeping with your head elevated can also help enormously.

Wishing you great skin!

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:41 am
Thanks faygie. I've had little puffy bags under the eyes for ages...years and years...no high blood pressure, no thyroid issues, nothing that the zillions of doctors who have checked me for other things have found...could be allergies and sinus issues which I suffer from no end...also just seems that my heredity is saggy bags under the eyes, I remember my zeideh a"h having bags like this...oh well...just mine aren't baggy, but a drop puffy... They go down if I get enough sleep and the dark color goes away, in fact they are even a drop lighter than the rest of the skin...oh well...

Amital

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:36 pm
Tefila wrote:
Ok so I flush easily, after dancing, workout etc
I look like I have gone and done something I shouldn't have, honest I have not Twisted Evil
WHat can I do to disguise it. It bothers me more then anyoneelse but so what Confused

Me, too, Tefila! I get that bright red face really easily. Embarrassing, like this: embarrassed

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 3:29 pm
Okay, here's my 2 cents:

For red skin, try using some green primer under your foundation - use it VERY sparingly and only where you need it, otherwise you'll just look strange. This is really best only for skin that is initially red - not for someone that flushes later on.

For puffy under-eyes, besides for all the excellent suggestions to get rid of them, when you use concealer don't cover the puffy area with it - it will only highlight the puffiness. If you put concealer just underneath the puffy area - where it is slightly darker, you will give the illusion of less puffiness.

For dark circles, (forgive me for disagreeing with you Faigie), I find that slightly peachy/salmony undertones work much better than yellow on many skintones - the darker the skin, the deeper the tone. I like to use a thick, but emollient cream and dab it SPARINGLY - only on the dark areas. For those that do not have a "designer budget", I have noticed that Revlon have just brought out a peachy concealer (it looks like square eyeshadow packaging and is on their newer displays in duane reade, etc.) - although I haven't tried it, it looks like it may be a good choice and is not very expensive. Unless the skin is wrinkled, it is important to set concealer under the eyes with a LIGHT dusting of fine translucent powder, otherwise it will not last. Please note, the peachy concealers are only good for under the eyes, not for the face.

I do find that for people with very dark circles, it's best to apply foundation first and then the concealer - you will have a much more "finished" look. For everday use, on mild dark circles, I love the YSL touche eclat.

Hope this helps a little.

Maya

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 6:21 pm
After reading here, and hearing, about YSL's Touche Eclat highlighter, I bought it today. Thanks for the suggestion, everyone.

ruth

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:42 am
I agree with faige --- use a yellow tone!

I'm a complete klutz when it comes to makeup and rarely wear any because of this. (which is its own thread!)

But I had a skin peel once and needed to tone down the aftermath for a few days. I got a stick concealer that was yellow toned from a nearby beauty supply store. I will try to get the name, the label is worn off a bit, but it says "distributed by P&B of Hollywood Fl."

I saw something similar in the Bobbie Brown cosmetic counter but it was much more expensive.

alisa

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 10:00 am
You can try Lancome's concealer. It's called Effacernes Longue Tenue. (long Lasting Concealer) It comes in a tiny tube and is quite expensive. But I find it covers very good and lasts long.

mumsy23

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 11:38 am
Lady Godiva wrote:
I can't give you an exact color for concealer without seeing your coloring. You can always mix two colors to get a perfect shade.
Try Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
I usually use cream on dark circles and dab it on with my finger or a concealer brush after foundation. Then I blend the line into the foundation.

I am a concealer freak, I always use under eye concealer and feel gross without it. I have tried many many different kinds and my favorite is also the laura mercier. Its a great consistency-very thick so it covers and you only need to use very little - you can't even tell its there!

out-of-town

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 1:03 pm
YSL makes this amazing stuff for under eye circles but Im not sure what its called.
Jane Iredale makes something called circle delete which is pretty good
but I am currently using Trish Mcevoy stuff (not sure the exact name) and its really good.

aishetchabibi

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 1:37 pm
benefit has industrial strength concealer
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics