Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Never feel full

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:02 pm
I don’t know what to do I never feel full. I ate 2 pitas tonight and could have had more. I had to stop myself. I can eat a big bag of pretzels or popcorn . I’m trying to lose weight but it’s not happening. I don’t know if it’s from the birth control or something else. Is there a pill to take for feeling full.

amother
Milk

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:06 pm
Ugh me too. The only way I get completely full at dinner is to cook up any sort of rice (I love Jasmine and Basmati) and eat it with my protein and veggie. If I don’t have rice chances are I’ll be ravenous all night. I have PCOS so for me it might make sense to feel this way.
Do you remember being this way off bc? How do you feel when you’re hungry, emotionally? Does it affect you in a real way, like do you get mad or angry?

amother
Seablue

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:07 pm
I have this too since I had my first child. I thought maybe it was a thyroid issue but I tested and bh its fine. 7 years later and I still dont know why I dont feel full

amother
Bottlebrush

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:12 pm
Never feel full is the hormone leptin resistance. There are many ideas why it may happen.

Before someone would be diagnosed with pre-diabetes, their body pumps out lots and lots of insulin, working over time to keep blood sugar correct. We only catch pre-diabetes when that already fails.

One thing that is true, if you correct this condition of the body overworking to manage blood sugar, it is known that the leptin resistance also corrects itself.

For an easy pill, I have no idea. But I know that you are in lots of company with this problem.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 10:22 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:
Never feel full is the hormone leptin resistance. There are many ideas why it may happen.

Before someone would be diagnosed with pre-diabetes, their body pumps out lots and lots of insulin, working over time to keep blood sugar correct. We only catch pre-diabetes when that already fails.

One thing that is true, if you correct this condition of the body overworking to manage blood sugar, it is known that the leptin resistance also corrects itself.

For an easy pill, I have no idea. But I know that you are in lots of company with this problem.

So what can I do if it’s a blood sugar issue? Any ideas??

amother
Burntblack

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:35 pm
amother Bottlebrush wrote:

This. It's usually pre-diabetes

amother
Leaf

Post Thu, Nov 23 2023, 11:36 pm
Following

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 12:00 am
amother Burntblack wrote:

So should I get tested for pre-diabetes?

amother
Amaryllis

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 12:08 am
Op the foods you are mentioning are carbs.
Wondering what else you eat- do you eat large portions of protein and healthy fat? Veggies?

amother
Milk

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 12:39 am
amother Burntblack wrote:

And if it isn’t pre-diabetes? I did the test recently and I’m not pre diabetic.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 12:40 am
Eat good portions of meat and veggies at dinner so you won’t be hungry. Not diet portions. Carbs make you hungry when your blood sugar rises and falls. Some people experience thst extremely as thought they’re hypo glycemic which causes cravings even though their blood sugar is still high.

SunnyDayz

Post Fri, Nov 24 2023, 7:14 am
What did you eat the pitas with? Do you eat enough protein? I feel like if I'm not getting full enough, or staying satisfied long, it's when my meals are lacking in protein

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:25 pm
SunnyDayz wrote:
What did you eat the pitas with? Do you eat enough protein? I feel like if I'm not getting full enough, or staying satisfied long, it's when my meals are lacking in protein

I probably don’t have enough protein
I’ll have a Greek yogurt with my coffee for breakfast
But lunch could be pasta, sandwich, knish, salad not too much protein
Supper chicken or shnitzel or salmon more protein
What protein can I add for lunch?

worknights1313

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:40 pm
I agree with the above. If you eat protein rather than carbohydrates, you will feel fuller, and that will last longer. You should also eat slowly. It takes 20 min to feel the effects of food. Carbohydrates just raise your blood sugars quickly and then they fall. So you feel hungry and tired. Also, try cut sugars out of your diet. They make you crave other unhealthy foods and also play havoc with your blood sugars.

Google high protein vegetables. Add those to your diet too. And avoid processed foods. They are usually filled with added sugars. If you are going to eat carbs, choose healthier choices such as whole wheat bread rather than white. Pita is just empty carbohydrates.

Only eat when you’re truly hungry. Don’t wait until you’re starving, because then you’ll want to eat everything in your kitchen and it will be difficult to stop.

SunnyDayz

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 6:46 pm
Some lunch ideas could be making the sandwich (or wrap) with tuna, deli, chicken. A rich soup or stew, can have meat, chicken, or legumes like a bean soup, lentil soup, vegetarian chili, etc
You can add fish, cubed cheese, chicken, meat, deli, beans, etc to the salad for a protein boost.

ETA: also eggs, nuts and seeds, nut butters.

Last edited by SunnyDayz on Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t know what to do I never feel full. I ate 2 pitas tonight and could have had more. I had to stop myself. I can eat a big bag of pretzels or popcorn . I’m trying to lose weight but it’s not happening. I don’t know if it’s from the birth control or something else. Is there a pill to take for feeling full.

are you eating protein? If not, that could be the reason. Just pita and pretzels is just carbs and is unbalanced.

SunnyDayz

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:04 pm
Woman of Valor wrote:
are you eating protein? If not, that could be the reason. Just pita and pretzels is just carbs and is unbalanced.

OP answered this

amother OP wrote:
I probably don’t have enough protein
I’ll have a Greek yogurt with my coffee for breakfast
But lunch could be pasta, sandwich, knish, salad not too much protein
Supper chicken or shnitzel or salmon more protein
What protein can I add for lunch?

Woman of Valor

Post Sun, Nov 26 2023, 7:07 pm
SunnyDayz wrote:

try a boiled sliced egg, scrambled egg, tuna, some nuts, peanut/almond butter, to name a few...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise