Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Community Medical Center Toms River

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 8:17 pm
Need to deliver in community hospital because I have quick labors and can't risk not making it to other hospitals. Is this where OGOA delivers? Any other practices use this hospital? In OGOA do you get to pick if you want doctors or midwives? Do you have to see all? How does it work? Who delivers, do you choose, do they rotate or it's random?

amother
Snow

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 8:56 pm
OGOA delivers there. I’m not sure what other practices do. Maybe you can call the hospital and find out.

You can pick who to see at each appointment at OGOA. I think you can request a doctor at the birth if you want one but double check that with them.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 9:55 pm
Anyone else have info?

amother
Cadetblue

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:22 pm
I use OGOA. I don’t know which other practices delivered there.
there is always one doctor and one midwife on-call in the hospital. you can’t choose who will be on call but you can choose which one you want to be at the delivery.
when you schedule each prenatal appointment, you can choose whether you want to see a doctor or a midwife.
what other questions do you have?

Elilove

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:27 pm
I used OGOA and delivered in community. Was very happy there. You can see whichever dr/midwife you want at your appointments (as long as they’re available) or take whoever’s available and get to know everyone. It’s up to you. They have shifts at the hospital (dr & midwife together) and whoever’s there when you go in is the one who delivers…

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:30 pm
Can I choose to not have the midwife deliver? Also any doctors to avoid? Do they all have a good bedside manner? I don’t do well with abrasive and pushy doctors.

amother
Candycane

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:31 pm
amother Cadetblue wrote:
I use OGOA. I don’t know which other practices delivered there.
there is always one doctor and one midwife on-call in the hospital. you can’t choose who will be on call but you can choose which one you want to be at the delivery.
when you schedule each prenatal appointment, you can choose whether you want to see a doctor or a midwife.
what other questions do you have?

I delivered in August. There is only one other practice that delivers there called North dover or something like that, their doctors and ogoa doctors rotate. I was in L&D for 4 days, and had all midwives, some work 12 hour shifts and some do 24 hours, there is usually 1 dr on call but the midwives is who you will see and they are the ones who usually will deliver. It really comes down to luck. You have no choice in who will deliver you. Thursday nights Mrs. Geltzeiler (twerski) is a nurse on call and Dr. Diamond (frum midwife from ogoa) is usually there Wednesdays. Besides for the lack of a proper Nicu, it is one of the best hospitals to give birth in. The neonatalogist is top notch, as is the nursery and all the nurses in both departments. Their customer service is beyond compare. I had the head of patient services call bikkur cholim on my behalf (I didnt ask her to) cuz the pantry was empty and I was starving after I gave birth.

Elilove

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 10:44 pm
amother Candycane wrote:
. Besides for the lack of a proper Nicu, it is one of the best hospitals to give birth in. The neonatalogist is top notch, as is the nursery and all the nurses in both departments. Their customer service is beyond compare. I had the head of patient services call bikkur cholim on my behalf (I didnt ask her to) cuz the pantry was empty and I was starving after I gave birth.

Couldn’t agree more

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:17 pm
Anything else I need to know? I’m stressed having to switch doctors.

amother
Candycane

Post Sat, Nov 25 2023, 11:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
Anything else I need to know? I’m stressed having to switch doctors.

If at all possible avoid any & all appointments with Karen the midwife, she is older & very set in her ways. She ended up delivering me this time & she was on call for 24 hours. There were many awkward & stressful moments.
Additionally when ogoa goes for lunch they switch their phones off for like 2 hours + from like 12-2pm but there is an answering service in case of emergency.

amother
RosePink

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 10:42 am
amother Candycane wrote:
If at all possible avoid any & all appointments with Karen the midwife, she is older & very set in her ways. She ended up delivering me this time & she was on call for 24 hours. There were many awkward & stressful moments.
Additionally when ogoa goes for lunch they switch their phones off for like 2 hours + from like 12-2pm but there is an answering service in case of emergency.

I love Karen. She delivered 3 of mine and I wish she would have done the 4th.

amother
Arcticblue

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 11:32 am
amother Candycane wrote:

I had the same midwife deliver my baby during COVID. Horrible experience and after that very traumatic event I decided to only have a home birth which I did BH. But I can’t speak for the other midwives. Definitely cannot recommend Karen.

amother
Rainbow

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 11:38 am
Karen is a "you lover her or you hate her type". I find that generally the older women tend to like her more.... When my baby was born two years ago she was transitioning to part time.

In general, the midwives there are amazing. Obviously you'll like some better than others. Most practices have multiple practitioners and it's not so common for everyone to like every single one.

I never asked if a doctor could deliver so I don't know the policy on that.

amother
Cadetblue

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:30 pm
Ya, Karen isn't so great, but Andrea was way way way worse. Thank goodness, she retired.

She was on call at my last birth and she was being absolutely horrible; my doula told her to go away and called the doctor on call, Dr Repole, for the delivery, even though I usually prefer midwives. He was great.

Katie is the absolute best and Lori is close second. Praying to have one of them this time around.

Elilove

Post Mon, Nov 27 2023, 1:42 pm
I had Kaitlyn. She was new but was very happy with her.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries