Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Anyone have a babysitter/group in their house?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:21 am
Looking for info how it works to hire a babysitter and have the group in my house.
I work from home, and therefore feel more comfortable with leaving my baby as I’m home. It would be a group of 5 babies
I would pay $1 less per hour for the babysitter (so let’s say I pay $6 and everyone else pays $7, but that doesn’t sound like enough to me - anyone pays less than that? It’s a lot of work to have the group, house always has to be clean etc I would think I should be getting a bigger “discount”

amother
Antiquewhite

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 4:23 am
When I had group in my house I paid same as everyone else
Sure it’s work but also I don’t have to shlep my baby into the car in a car seat etc in the cold weather…

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:08 am
Your OP is a bit unclear for me. Are you saying that you want to switch jobs and babysitting would pay $1 less? Or are you saying you want to send to someone's home..?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:13 am
cupcake123 wrote:
Your OP is a bit unclear for me. Are you saying that you want to switch jobs and babysitting would pay $1 less? Or are you saying you want to send to someone's home..?

Edited the op for clarity

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:17 am
Ah now I get it. I guess how much is the going rate. If 4 people are willing to pay $7 then you can pay $2 it's $30 an hour for the babysitter. Would she be happy with that ?

cupcake123

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:20 am
Basically if you're setting up the group/housing the group/finding the babysitter you are the "owner " of this business and can even send your child for free. As long as the babysitter is haply with the pay. She doesn't have to know who pays what.
If a babysitter contacts you and wants to come with her group plus your child in your house you have to make something up together.

amother
Crocus

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:22 am
That's really between you and the other mothers and depends how much your babysitter charges. You'll have to negotiate.

Put everything in writing. (Like who's responsible to pay if someone pulls out, vacation days, what happens if you're on vacation or oot but rest of the group is not, is anyone feeding babysitter) think about everything that might come up.

Like mentioned above it's a responsibility to have group in your home, there are also some advantages. Your baby gets his own room/ crib, you're home with babysitter, you don't have to sheep baby out.
There are no set rules.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 5:29 am
I know two people who did it but in both cases the babysitter was a close relative. So they were looking to support the babysitter and were happy to do the favor.

As I understand it the group was only in a certain part of the house and it was the babysitter’s responsibility to make sure it was clean.

I would not do it because I don’t like people in my space. Maybe if I got a significant discount. Not $1 an hour

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 6:00 am
I did a share with just one other person. She had the benefit of the babysitter doing light cleanup when both kids were sleeping. But that was also just 2 infants so a lighter job.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:07 am
I have a group in my house, we all pay the same. That's usually the setup as far as I know. Maybe it's location specific? In Coventry (where I live) it's very common to have groups in homes and everyone pays the same.
It really doesn't take much more effort from me.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:11 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
I have a group in my house, we all pay the same. That's usually the setup as far as I know. Maybe it's location specific? In Coventry (where I live) it's very common to have groups in homes and everyone pays the same.
It really doesn't take much more effort from me.

Thanks! You don’t find that you need to cleanup etc?

amother
Gray

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:14 am
You are choosing to have it in your home so why do you think you should get such a big discount?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:16 am
amother OP wrote:
Thanks! You don’t find that you need to cleanup etc?

No, the babysitter cleans up all the toys and throws the diapers out. All I really do is sweep the floor.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Wed, Nov 29 2023, 7:17 am
It's very convenient to not have to get the baby all dressed and into a carseat. Worth the little effort it takes from me.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries