Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are pyrex measuring cups US measurements?



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 4:24 pm
or uk size cups?
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:17 pm
In US, pyrex have US measurements.
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:18 pm
Pyrex has a uk website that shows litres and pints as the units. Different from US.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:23 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
In US, pyrex have US measurements.


does the US have cups or only ml and fl oz?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:24 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Pyrex has a uk website that shows litres and pints as the units. Different from US.



I want to get a set of US measuring cups because most recipes and recipe books are US.
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 6:27 pm
amother OP wrote:
does the US have cups or only ml and fl oz?


Fl oz and cups on one side and metric L/ml on the other side in US.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:28 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Fl oz and cups on one side and metric L/ml on the other side in US.



I havent seen it with cups in the uk.

does it say made in or for US?
Back to top

amother
Poppy


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 8:44 pm
I'm in US.
Mine has cups/oz on one side
Ml on other side
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Tue, Dec 05 2023, 10:12 pm
amother OP wrote:
I havent seen it with cups in the uk.

does it say made in or for US?


Every liquid measuring cup I've purchased in US has cups along with ounces. Doesn't say anything about US. I doubt they're made in the US.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:12 pm
amother NeonPurple wrote:
Every liquid measuring cup I've purchased in US has cups along with ounces. Doesn't say anything about US. I doubt they're made in the US.



pyrex?
Back to top

amother
NeonPurple


 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 8:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
pyrex?

I have several pyrex, and other brands. They never mention the US but they have standard US measurements.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:06 pm
https://pyrex.co.uk/products/c.....tance

this is what we have in the uk.
no cups.
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:13 pm
See if you can find a glass measuring cup on Amazon or Ebay UK, with US measurements.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:15 pm
ra_mom wrote:
See if you can find a glass measuring cup on Amazon or Ebay UK, with US measurements.


if I find a cup with cups then its for sure US measurements?

I wonder what this uk one measures - I dont have it but I am curious to see if 240ml measures a uk cup or a US cup. which means that they manufacture diff per country,
Back to top

ra_mom




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Dec 06 2023, 9:16 pm
amother OP wrote:
if I find a cup with cups then its for sure US measurements?

I wonder what this uk one measures - I dont have it but I am curious to see if 240ml measures a uk cup or a US cup. which means that they manufacture diff per country,

Yes. The cup is a US measurement.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Where can I find PYREX
by amother
34 Mon, Feb 19 2024, 12:37 pm View last post
PSA: Stanley Cups have lead! See Video
by mirror
2 Sat, Jan 27 2024, 7:58 pm View last post
Time sensitive: oil in pyrex
by amother
1 Tue, Jan 09 2024, 5:23 pm View last post
by ila
Do you use eye wash cups?
by amother
2 Tue, Jan 09 2024, 1:11 pm View last post
[ Poll ] How often do you wash sippy cups?
by amother
18 Tue, Dec 26 2023, 9:05 am View last post