Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
What may seem like a curse, a mistake, is indeed a Blessing!
1  2  Next

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 5:40 pm
Just some examples
First one is ever so trivial compared the second one, but still worths mentioning imho Very Happy

1. So I make my own ice cream, but this time my graham cracker pie crust crumbled apart I was quite upset since it took me awhile to make it.`Till my son said hey it tastes delicous add it to the ice cream . So I did, blended it and all ,and I have raves from the guests who told me it tastes better then (baskin robbins and hagan daas not cholov yisorel so I wouldn't know) but I trust them : 8)

2. A close friend of mine did not want anymore kids so she took very good b-c . Guess what she became pregnant and only realised when she was 4 months. ANyways the pregnancy went ahead but not with anticipation .Until the Dr's picked up that she had uterus or cervical yena machla can't remember exactly. point being if she had not become pregnant they wouldn't have botherd looking till perhaps way later. B'h she is clear from it now , she gave bith to a healthy boy. So the 'mistake' or what she thought was one was indeed a blessing in disguise !

Anyone esle have storys like this to share Wink

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 6:00 pm
thanks for the inspiration ...

Tefila

Post Fri, Aug 01 2008, 8:47 pm
Green don't put me on a platform I'm tall enough as it is Tongue Out . Share a story or something along these lines.

yo'ma

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 6:09 pm
I have something about my son, but since anon is disabled Exploding anger --- Banging head --- What

freidasima

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 6:15 pm
Tefila, I don't understand the second story. If she was 4 months pregnant when they found that she had lo oleinu that machla, then how could she carry full term? Wasn't it a sakono to her to continue the pregnancy?

hadasa

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 6:22 pm
Not so similar, but the title thread reminded me...

Someone once cursed the Chida that he would have Ashkenazi descendants.
One of the results of this incident is my dh - what a blessing! Very Happy

GAMZu

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 9:22 pm
Freidasima, she was 4 months along when she discovered the pregnancy, the disease could have been found later. But it's not the details, it's the outcome. WOW, B"H!

Pineapple

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 10:58 pm
Wow really scary - mentch tracht in gut lacht

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Sat, Aug 02 2008, 11:44 pm
Wow, I love hearing such inspirational stories.
Heres one (but not as dramatic):
We went to visit my grandparents a couple weeks ago. We flew with our 2 kids and were there a couple weeks. One day we went to a farm and ds had a great time, but must have eaten too many tomatoes and strawberries b/c on the way home he threw up and had diarrea. Back at my grandparents house we kept an eye on him since he was pretty much not up to doing anything and he felt slightly warm. The next morning he felt warm and had a low grade fever so we decided to take him to the dr. I figured that if he threw up b/c he ate too much at the farm why would that cause fever. So the dr. takes one look in his ears and guess what? Ds has an ear infection. I asked the dr. to take a look at the baby since he had a runny nose the day before and guess what? he too has an ear infection. Now we were scheduled to fly back in about 5 days. If ds would not have vomited we would have never realized he or the baby had an ear infection since they were not complaining and would have attributed any fussiness to their change/lack of schedule. The Dr. warned us that flying with an untreated ear infection can ch"v cause a busted ear drum. B"H we were able to start antibiotics in time.

Lechatchila Ariber

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:32 am
hadasa wrote:

yeah wasn't the Vilna Gaon cursed that he would have chassidishe descendants?
I've met a few lubavitcher ones LOL

hadasa

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 12:59 am
EstiS wrote:
hadasa wrote:

yeah wasn't the Vilna Gaon cursed that he would have chassidishe descendants?
I've met a few lubavitcher ones LOL

Yes, my husband has cousins who personify the fulfilment of both those 'curses '.

Tefila

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 2:06 am
Quote:
Wasn't it a sakono to her to continue the pregnancy?
Aparantly not,and it was cervical, though they delivered her baby boy early by 6 weeks he is a beautiful healthy child B"h .So they did not do too much aside monitorig it till after she deliverd but eghter way they managed to B'h get rid of it because it was detected in the early stages.

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 3:40 am
I worked in a company I loved for 12 years. Sadly, my boss passed away from a brain tumor. Someone else was hired as CEO and we totally did not get along. I wound up quitting the job and it was terribly traumatic as it had been a very close knit, family-like place when the original manager was there. I got two other jobs that didn't work out after that and then I landed a GOOD ONE.

In short, I have found that whenever I had to quit or was fired from a job I ALWAYS wound up in a much better place afterwards!

I may have some interesting news about that soon....

Here's another one. After I had 4 children I REALLY did not want another baby. I was 44 years old and the pregnancies were getting more and more difficult. Well, on my rebbe's recommendation I was practicing a very natural form of b/c. I messed up (well, WE messed up) and I got pregnant. I was really upset. Long story short, it really WAS a difficult pregnancy and birth. But what can I tell you? I got the most amazing, adorable little guy out of it and he is tfu, tfu, tfu - amazing. He's 2.5 now and he just finished toilet training. He will undoubtedly and with Hashem's help, continue to bring much joy to this family!

Here he is, by the way (he's the little guy on the left):

hadasa

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:09 am
My husband told me a story similar to Tefila's, about a man who had a hold-up in his office. They beat him up badly and stole thousands of dollars worth, but while at the hospital for his injuries, they discovered he had 'yenne machlah', so basically the thugs saved his life.

Ima'la

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:11 am
Gorgeous, ka"h, CM! The big girl in the middle looks like you, no?

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:15 am
Ima'la wrote:
Gorgeous, ka"h, CM! The big girl in the middle looks like you, no?

Thanks for the compliment. She's gorgeous. Much prettier than me. And with a tfu, tfu, tfu perfect nose. Nothing like my shnozz. (She was my chlomid baby. Funny how the body changes in life LOL )

Ima'la

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 4:39 am
They're all gorgeous! I don't imagine they pulled that off by avoiding your genes entirely! Anyway, you're pretty too - I remember your avatar from before the cookies. Very Happy

freidasima

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 5:30 am
They are all gorgeous Chossidmom!

ChossidMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 5:42 am
Well, thanks and there are more where those came from... but let's not hijack Tefila's thread!

More stories, please... Smile

Wait. Here's one. It doesn't yet have a happy ending but I hope it will.
Someone whose mailing list I'm on (not Jewish) shared that his 7 year old brother hit his head TWICE in one week, necessitating an CAT scan or MRI. In short, they discovered a tumor on his brain stem I think. So, now it will be treated. Had he not hit his head in freak accidents twice that week they wouldn't have discovered it at this early stage.

supermommy

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 8:47 am
My mother has a similar story to the woman in your story tefilla.
The doctor told her (for various medical reasons) that if she values her health she better stop having children and so she went on bc. Well Hashem had other plans and she got pregnant anyway with my youngest sister. During delivery they discovered the beginings of Yena Machala and caught it B"H in time. That birth saved her life rather than the opposite ch'v.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational