Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
1st time waxing

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 3:41 pm
Ok I think I want to get waxing for the first time. I usualy tweeze but I have a chassunah coming up and I want a realy polished look for my eyebrows. I also want to wax my chin. How long does waxing last? I dont want to do it right before the chassunah bc if I have a reaction I dont want to have it showing at the chassunah but I do want it to last long enough.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 3:43 pm
A or two before should be good enough. Waxing your chin area isn't the best option. Talk to the person you plan to go to and see what she has in mind.

Zus

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 3:45 pm
Waxing is good for a few weeks. Especially if you do it for the first time, do it AT LEAST 2-3 days before the event.

Lady Godiva

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 7:53 pm
Yes, 2-3 days is best to prevent showing up with red waxed skin. Results last between 2-6 weeks depending on your hair growth averaging at 4 weeks.
I personally prefer a tweezed brow to a waxed one. You can get it professionally shaped.
Good luck!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 8:15 pm
Ok ill do the waxing 5 days b4c and tweeze my eyebrows myself up to day of. I do my eyebrows realy well.

shoppingmom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:28 pm
Why don't you do Electrolysis for your brows and chin? I used to wax and found that waxing always made my hair grow back with percent! By the time I decided to do electrolysis I had so much hair to take care of (which I didn't have before I started waxing). But after going every few weeks for a few months the less and less hair grew back! After a year's time I could say I hardly had to go. Nowadays I do it maybe once a year!

amother

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 9:59 pm
is the electrolysis painful??

NativeMom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:01 pm
FYI for pain you can take Advil before you go for your waxing

flowerpower

Not very. It doesn't make you fly out of your chair.

Lady Godiva

amother wrote:

Yes and if you have a lot of hair you will be going forever.

shoppingmom

Post Sun, Aug 03 2008, 10:15 pm
amother wrote:

It all depends where you do it. Where the skin is soft it could hurt a bit, where it's hard you hardly feel it! For example if you do the top of your eyebrows you wont feel a thing, while you do your upper lips it could hurt. But there is always a solution. There is a numbing cream you could apply like 15-20 minutes before you start. I know of Emla which is very good, but you need to get a prescription for that (just as your doctor or pediatrician)

shmeichel

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 5:12 am
I think taht if you are nervous about waxing it and having a reaction you can have a lady proffesionaly tweeze your eyebrows and give it a real nice look... youll probably feel more comfortable with taht especially since thats what youre used to!

EsaEinai

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 7:33 am
stringing/threading is also a good option if youre nervous about breaking out, etc from the wax. its not much fun, but it has great results.

amother

Post Mon, Aug 04 2008, 8:18 am
Gulp! I had threading done right before my chassunah, it was cool but it hurt! I do a realy great job on my own eyebrows so I think I wont risk before the chassunah having a different eyebrow than I am used to. About the hair on my chin though I am freaking out about it. I used to have one little chair on my chin that I could just pull out no problem but now I have a lot of hair on the bottom of my chin and I just am looking for a longer lasting solution than tweezing. I dont think I can affort electrolosis right now thats why I thought waxing might be good. Sigh Rolling Eyes Do you get ingrown hairs from waxing? Because thats the last thing I want to happen. I almost would rather have hair there than bumps and pimples.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics