Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Pampers
1  2  3  4  Next

Alef Bais

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 2:43 pm
I wonder if anyone knows how to stop pampers from leaking? Why do babies get it all the way up their backs? Help!

Tefila

Post Fri, Nov 19 2004, 3:05 pm
Quote:
Why do babies get it all the way up their backs?

A couple possibilities Twisted Evil it is only a possibilty, remember!

a) Wrong size Exclamation Wink

b) How often is baby being changed Question Exclamation Wink

P.S. Love your username ,are you a newbie?Very Happy

Yael

Post Sat, Nov 20 2004, 7:27 pm
when they make number 2 while sitting or in an exersaucer, its really bad. goes all the way up.
nothing you can do about it unless you try to prevent it when its happening, just one of those messy jobs mothers have to deal with. Wink
then washing out the undershirt, ugh! Exploding anger

miriam

Post Sat, Nov 20 2004, 11:30 pm
Quote:
then washing out the undershirt, ugh! Exploding anger
or just putting it in the trash. Confused

Liba

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 5:57 am
LOL You could switch to cloth and wash the diapers instead of the clothing. My cloth diapers never leak. Wink As an added bonus you could save a lot of money at the same time.

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 9:23 am
Liba, I would rather wash the occasional dirty clothes then cloth daipers...I dont have a wash and dryer so cloth diapers would make this place stink...
but kol hakavod for you...

gryp

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 10:16 am
I have heard there are services who pick up the dirty cloth diapers, wash them, and drop them back off. what a job!
usually a diaper leaks if its the wrong size, ie. the baby is too big for the old size and not quite ready for the new size. this stage doesnt last very long, though.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 10:39 am
cloth diapering would be so expensive for me cause I live in a building a pay a fortune to use the machines. Also those diaper services are expensive! My more expensive than the big case of pampers at BJs.
Sara

ForeverYoung

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 3:13 pm
or try a different brand -
worked for me!!
(each of my kids "fit" into a different brand)
But you can't avoid an occasional 'spill'

Tefila

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 10:13 pm
Ok I have a confession, I use .... no name brand baby diapers and you know what I haven't had an accident with it yet, and no rash since, I always put a zinc oxide cream on b/4. I change them after every feed! And You know what we worked it out since b"h times double it is way, way cheaper than name brands, nevermind pampers!

Rochel Leah

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 10:39 pm
I have tried the no name brand and they dont work for me, huggies don't work for me either ,I like pampers the best. so I only buy them when they are on sale, I buy a 2 mega bags or a box, and then I ask for a raincheck. then when I need and they are not on sale, I have the raincheck.

zuncompany

Post Sun, Nov 21 2004, 11:18 pm
Whats a raincheck?

Rochel Leah

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 11:01 am
Zun- a raincheck is when there is no more sale items left in the store, so you ask the cashier for a rain check, she gives you a slip of paper which says that you could get that specific product another week at the sale price- even if it isnt marked down. most leading pharmacies and grocery stores do it. hope I make sence..

zuncompany

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 11:50 am
thats really cool

Henya

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 1:31 pm
Great idea, RL! I'll keep the raincheck in mind when it's time to get more diapers!

ForeverYoung

Post Mon, Nov 22 2004, 11:55 pm
kidRus & babiesRus has this great exclusive line: especcially for baby. these are the cheapest diapers and they work very well; better than some 'big' brands + they're very soft

Alef Bais

Post Tue, Nov 23 2004, 11:10 am
I tried the Especially For Baby pampers when my son was just born but I'm more happy with LUVS, they leak out less. It's just as Yael said, when the baby is sitting, it goes up his back. I guess there's nothing really to do about it except try to change him immediately which is what I usually do -- though sometimes immediately is still too late Rolling Eyes

BrachaVHatzlocha

Post Mon, Jan 10 2005, 11:25 pm
I also find that the LUVS work well. (Wouldn't you know.....and who says more expensive is better?)
I never noticed when it leaked up dirty....taka, it makes sense - I think he was upright today when it happened. Smile gotta deal with it.

hardwrknmom

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 2:09 am
I tried every diaper brand- Luvs works great for my kids too.

My son was a real "leaker" the first week- because of his bris, I wasn't able to put his "thing" ?!! down- but I found that the "plastic underwear" worked GREAT! ( you can find them at any cosmetic store).

Sometimes there's nothing you can do when the "mess" goes up the back- it doesn't mean the diapers are to small or to big- "Things happen" LOL LOL

sarahd

Post Tue, Jan 11 2005, 6:15 am
I found Luvs were terrible. Pampers are okay, but aren't often on sale. Huggies and the supermarket brand are equally okay, but I have had incidents with each. Well, that's what washing machines are for.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics