Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection
Recipes that can be prepared in advance and transported?

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 12:52 pm
I have an aunt that often invites us for a Shabbos meal. In fact, we go just about every week. So I like to bring some food over on Friday. I found a great salad which is ideal for this because I can make the dressing and topping separately in jars, and bring bags of baby spinach, and all she has to do is mix it all together before the meal. The thing is I am afraid this recipe will lose it's popularity if I bring it EVERY week. So anyone have any other ideas of recipes that are easily prepared in advance and transported?

I would do a dessert but they always buy and I don't think my dessert would be especially appreciated. A salad would probably be best because that is one thing that they don't usually buy and the fact that it is not junk would be appreciated too.

I'm thinking there has got to be some other salad (besides the one I found) that can also be made with bagged lettuce and a dressing, so there is no problem with her having to cut veggies, or using old ones that I have cut the day before.

Anonymous because many people know I make this spinach salad!

shoy18

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 1:16 pm
how far away is your aunt?
you can make any salad just cut up the veggies in sep containers, make a dressing and bring lettuce, you can even grill meat or chicken on friday same as you would if you were home and cut it up and bring it too. also deli, buy some deli and cut it up.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 1:48 pm
won't the vegetables wilt or turn brown?

my aunt lives just blocks away but I have to walk so anything that is too heavy or sloshy wouldn't really work.

I just spoke to her and she said that the only thing she really would want is a salad.

any specific ideas?

(I am not a very experienced or brilliant cook.)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics