Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Makeup that stays on for 24 hours??
1  2  Next

multi colored

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:16 pm
Looking to purchase makeup that is long lasting and can stay on for 24 hours.
Know of any brands that does the trick?

waterbottle

Post Wed, Aug 06 2008, 12:22 pm
There is a whole thread about shabbos makeup already...

Motek

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 10:02 am
24 hours?

Adwe lipstick will last 48 hours, even into the 3rd day of YomTov/Shabbos IF you don't wipe it off with your napkin.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 11:20 am
It isn't always the brand that does the trick. It can also depend on if you are using the correct products for your skin type, and how you apply the makeup.

Tefila

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 11:52 am
Quote:
Adwe lipstick will last 48 hours, even into the 3rd day of YomTov/Shabbos IF you don't wipe it off with your napkin.

Or kiss your kids, grandkids, parents, so on and so forth 8)

Infact though I wouldn't apply to lips permanant markers the slimmer kinds stay on well. And my face is still b"h quite intact Exclamation

shopaholic

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 11:54 am
I find that MAC eyeshadows last me all Shabbos & those lipsticks (Revlon, cover girl, max factor) that come with a clear stick to put over as a shine, last. I also make sure not to smoosh my face into the pillow.

Beauty and the Beast

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 12:46 pm
clinique eye liner pots are very long lasting. you apply it with a brush, let it dry, and lasts.

Cdlf

Post Thu, Aug 07 2008, 1:52 pm
Revlon has an entire line of colorstay products which are fantastic!

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 08 2008, 3:08 am
waterbottle wrote:
There is a whole thread about shabbos makeup already...

Where? I can't find it. I always thought I was the only one who didn't apply make-up on shabbos and now thanks to imamother I'm learning that some people must put it on right before lighting. It would be nice to be made up the one day dh is home! Of course sleeping in make-up could look very clown like considering the way I sleep.

Miriam1

Post Sun, Aug 10 2008, 10:39 pm
MAC makes a lipstick that can stay on the entire shabbos -- sometimes I've even been able to wear it for a two day yom tov.

OldYoung

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 11:41 am
What's the name? (MAC lipstick)

Miriam1

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 5:46 pm
I don't remember the name, but you can go to the mac counter at a major department store and ask them for their long lasting lipstick.

Teacup9

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 8:21 pm
I thought Max Factor was a drug store brand. [shrug]
Lipfinity?

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Aug 11 2008, 9:56 pm
You can buy a spray from some Makeup Artists to set your makeup and waterproof it. I wouldn't recommend it for 24 hours as you want your skin to breathe...
You can buy waterproof eyeliner and mascara and lipsealer for your lips.

Miriam1

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:46 pm
MAC prolong wear lipcolor. That's the name. It's not at CVS. You can find it at big department stores -- Bloomingdales, Nordstrom, Macys. I think it's around $20, but it's the best. It was even rated in a magazine as the best long lasting lipstick. If you try it and don't like it, you can just return it.

OldYoung

Post Tue, Aug 12 2008, 8:56 pm
Thanks! I can't wait to try it! I wear a lot of MAC products but for some reason have never stumbled across this one...

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 12:46 am
As far as the eyes are concerned I have gone and ordered a Henna Penna, basicaly it is a up to 7 day henna stain it comes in all colors I ordered emerald because of my eyes . It Could last longer or shorter depending but atleast 3 days. I have not ever tried this and I don't know how my skin will react to it, it is advertised as a tattoo pen rather then an eye one but I am willing to try. It is a bit steep at 25.00 however including shipping I will definatley try it and let you girls know. B/c this just may be the answer to our three day yom tov issues.
It comes in brown red and black aswell

DISCLAIMER: I would not advise usage during the 7 nekiim!

farmom

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 1:41 am
When I have had my face done for weddings, the makeup artists put something on top of the lipstick. It burns like crazy, and then the lipstick lasts! Anyone know what that is, or where to get it? (although I imagine that it is not too great for the lips)

Beauty and the Beast

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 10:06 am
It is called lipchick, or liplock. I sell it, as well as many other makeup artists, and stores.

Tefila

Post Wed, Aug 13 2008, 11:39 am
The more I think about it, that henna stuff may only work for a menopausal or pregnant women. Since who is to say it will be off when mikveh is needed.
As far as the lip lock it looks interesting I will check it out Thanks beauty Wink
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics