Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Pesach
When do you start cleaning for Pesach?
1  2  Next

When do you start Pesach cleaning?
after purim  
 81%  [ 31 ]
just before purim  
 2%  [ 1 ]
shevat  
 7%  [ 3 ]
teves  
 5%  [ 2 ]
earlier  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 38

tzivi

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:35 pm
My children's summer vacation is coming up in a couple of weeks iy'h. I always use this time to clean my home for Pesach. I am just wondering when everyone else does it.

stem

Post Thu, Dec 08 2005, 11:47 pm
So your house is clean for pesach for 3 months???

youngmom

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:10 am
I've never cleaned for pesach b/4 so can't answer you.
but I can tell you about my grandmother. she starts worrying about next year pesach as soon as pesach is done. and I mean this literally!

lucky

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:33 am
When I was a teenager, I used to become nervous about Pesach cleaning cause all I heard from friends and neighbors was" Oh, we are done with so and so much rooms"
My mom always said "we will all sit at the seder at the same time" even if you start early, finish early you still actusally have to wait for Pesach to come around.

I now tell this to my kids when they start nudging about an early start.

tzivi

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 12:46 am
I try to keep my home basically Pesach cleaned the whole year anyway, I.e. no food in bedrooms, etc.
It is just that I find the best time to do the inside of cupboards, etc, during summer vacation, because I don't have appointments and errands and the kids love helping - even though it takes longer! Very Happy

chanala

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 1:10 am
When DH and I play chess and the inevitable crumbs get on the board, he chuckles when I wipe them away - cleaning as I go Smile

curlyhead

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 1:53 am
I start thinking abour pesach about 2 months before - making a cleaning schedule, list, think about shopping etc. I pre pesach clean from mid shvat till purim - this means decluteering, orgainzing the cuboardss, through clean of the kitchen including cabinets that will be locked up with the chometz. (it is alot easier to clean something if it is releitvely clean.
Then after 3 weeks before peasch I seriously start cleaning. No point to clean earlier because of the kids.

queen

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 4:16 am
Pesach? I'm not ready to think about that just yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chanala

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 5:07 am
Remember - dust is not chometz!!! Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused Confused

Pearl

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 6:29 am
please, let's not talk about pesach just yet!!!!!!

first chanukah - yahoo!!!

Rochel Leah

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 10:52 am
Thank you pearl. I also dont want to thinkabt pesach as of yet. this year I am going to have it make it for the first time.

nicole81

Post Fri, Dec 09 2005, 11:06 am
I've always lived in small apartments, so I've been fortunate enough to be able to wait until a couple of weeks before pesach.

supermom

Post Sun, Dec 11 2005, 3:36 am
how do you manage to keep your house clean for three months chometz free?

we start a month before and that is still to early with my kids somehow getting chometz in places that I have clean a hundred times over with no success.

how long is summer vacation for your kids?

chen

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 11:05 am
In the interests of bringing up children with a clear and rational understanding of what is required for Pesach and what is our own overkill, I let everyone know when I am cleaning the bookcases and washing the curtains that this is spring cleaning (which begins somewhere between december and february and continues at a very leisurely pace till purim.)

after purim, true Pesach cleaning kicks in and is announced as such. that is, kitchen, DR and other places where chometz has been used. but face it, no matter what, the biggest jobs--I.e. stove, sink, fridge-- cannot be done till right before pesach.

chocolate moose

Post Mon, Feb 06 2006, 11:11 am
We have the week after Purim “free” but we start in earnest right after that!

with a small apt, we can't do much before. if we did, it's be "spring cleaning", anyway.

lucky

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 10:03 am
I have a great book that lists EXACTLY how and what to make pesachdig. This book is my lifesaver. (A dayan wrote it). Since reading this book, Pesach cleaning is soo much easier.

And always remember Dust is not chometz, and your kids are not a korban pesach. Wink

chen

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 2:19 pm
nu, so are you going to keep us in suspense or share title, author and vendors?

downsyndrome

Post Tue, Feb 07 2006, 2:38 pm
I 'officially' start cleaning on/right after Tu B'shvat. I have a large apartment and I hate cleaning, so you can't catch me after Purim sitting in for four weeks and cleaning from morning to night. I'd lose my mind that way, so I start earlier and do it at a more decent pace. I find that as we get closer to Pesach the pace anyways turns into a frenzy. Shaking

lucky

Post Wed, Feb 08 2006, 9:31 am
That book is in Yiddish, It was written by someone from New Square. Maybe they have an english version too?

TzenaRena

Post Fri, Feb 10 2006, 3:05 am
Does anyone have CountDown to the Seder? I find it very helpful. It has schedule options, checklists, shopping lists, and many suggestions for cleaning. It's the companion book to the NShei Chabad (Spice and Spirit) Passover cookbook.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics