Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Labor Day weekend ideas anyone?

fantabulous

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 10:01 am
I live in the New York area and would like to get away somewhere nice for the weekend. Hotel for Fri-Sun and be able to do fun things on Sun/Mon. It does not have to be GOING AWAY per se. I don't mind Jersey or CT or something local. I'm just not sure what to do! No kids, so that doesn't need to be taken into account.

Does anyone have any ideas from experience?

OldYoung

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 10:11 am
We went to Niagara Falls and it was fun. But we ran into toooooons of traffic on the way home. Exploding anger

sky

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 10:11 am
I'm going to second that I'm also looking for something to do that weekend over shabbos Not a long drive away.

If you want a sun-monday trip you can go to CT. It depends on if you're going with kids and how old they are but there is a lot to do without driving far.

Norwalk - boat ride to small island w/ lighthouse. bring a lunch. it is very quiet and peaceful.
There is also an aquarium with an Imax there.
It is right after the George Washington Bridge.

Then we went to Gillete castle. We went on a train ride that stopped at a ferry. You take the ferry to the other side of the river then go on like a short hike to this castle where you can go on a tour. There is a playground in the area. Or you can just take the train ride. Then take your car on a different ferry to get across the river. Go to the Gillete castle and park.

There are also plenty of beaches along the way to visit in the evening.

We had a lot of fun when we went 2 years ago. We went with a 9 month old baby so we took the car from the train to the castle. It was a very relaxing trip.

fantabulous

Post Fri, Aug 15 2008, 10:19 am
OldYoung wrote:
We went to Niagara Falls and it was fun. But we ran into toooooons of traffic on the way home. Exploding anger

Niagra is a bit far for me. I'll be working the days surrounding this trip, so I really want something closer.

sky wrote:
I'm going to second that I'm also looking for something to do that weekend over shabbos Not a long drive away.

If you want a sun-monday trip you can go to CT. It depends on if you're going with kids and how old they are but there is a lot to do without driving far.

Norwalk - boat ride to small island w/ lighthouse. bring a lunch. it is very quiet and peaceful.
There is also an aquarium with an Imax there.
It is right after the George Washington Bridge.

Then we went to Gillete castle. We went on a train ride that stopped at a ferry. You take the ferry to the other side of the river then go on like a short hike to this castle where you can go on a tour. There is a playground in the area. Or you can just take the train ride. Then take your car on a different ferry to get across the river. Go to the Gillete castle and park.

There are also plenty of beaches along the way to visit in the evening.

We had a lot of fun when we went 2 years ago. We went with a 9 month old baby so we took the car from the train to the castle. It was a very relaxing trip.

No kids along, so that should make things a bit simpler.

I think in order to keep my husband entertained, I'm gonna have to plan the day with some excitement in between. We both love nature and such. Maybe bike riding along some sort of trail or something? Anyone know of something like this? And maybe one day will be fun fun day like Six Flags (though it is quite expensive...)
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics