Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Help Wanted
Looking for Spanish Jewry Buff (golden age to 14th c.)

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 12:29 am
I am working on a writing project and need to research Spanish Jewry from the Golden Age until the late 14th century...I'd like to start right away.

I need an research advisor (I am willing to pay for time spent giving advice and reading and giving feedback on a draft) to give me info about daily life during this period. I find it isn't so hard to find historical facts, but I want to find out things like what people ate then, how they dressed, what was the Jewish educational system like etc....

Anyone who is interested or can give me some leads, please pm me.

It would be great also to find people in E.Y with books on the subject (haven' been lucky with local libraries). I am willing to give collateral for any books borrowed.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 6:02 am
I would love to read it!

I wish I could help, but I know much more about later periods... still if you have questions I can ask my mom's mom who is Sefardi and still speaks Ladino. She knows a lot about Spanish Jewry, but the more recent especially...

Raisin

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 6:10 am
have you tried university libraries?

maybe a college student could help you. Why don't you call a university history dept and see if they can help?

mimivan

Post Sun, Aug 17 2008, 7:25 am
Yeah, I think a Ph.D. student would be a perfect candidate...
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics