Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Something to do near union square?

Basya

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 6:29 am
I am not familiar with NYC at all. I have a doctors appointment with my baby this week in Beth Israel Hospital- I believe that is right by union square. We are planning on getting there very early and I was looking for something to do with dh and baby for a few hours. Anyone familiar with what there is to do in that area?

chavy

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:16 am
beth israel is on 1st ave so theres nothing to do there..

Maya

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:18 am
Do you want to do some shopping or eating or what?

Union Square is about 3 or 4 blocks up from 1st Avenue, by 14th Street. There is a nice park and playground for the kids.

Basya

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:26 am
Any tourist attractions? I guess the park is okay- but its just dh and me and 5 month old baby.

Tommy

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:50 am
There is a big Barnes and Noble in Union Square. There is a Starbucks inside so you can sit and read... There is also a babies r us, which is always a fun way to pass time with a baby! Basically, there is a lot of shopping in that area... on Fifth Ave. No real tourist attractions that I can think of...

manhattanmom

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:57 am
The hospital is on 1st Avenue and 17th street but the outpatient medical building where most of the doctors offices are located is on Union Square East.
You could go out for breakfast at LaBagel which is one 1st Avenue a block or 2 before the hospital (at about 15th street.)

Basya

Post Mon, Aug 18 2008, 7:58 am
ooh- whats the hechsher and address forLaBagel?

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 7:08 pm
LaBagel is under the Hashgacha of Rabbi Shmuel Fishelis and it is located on First Avenue one block before the hospital on the same side of the street as the hospital.

Rutabaga

Post Thu, Aug 21 2008, 8:36 pm
There is a great farmers market in Union Square on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. There is usually an information booth that has recipes and there are quite a few booths with yummy fruits and veggies. The last few times I've been there, there was also a guy selling flavored cider that was under the O-U, and he gave away free tastes.

There is a Children's Place and a Barnes and Nobles (which has a nice kiddie section).

Oh, there is also a Whole Foods right on the Square and a Trader Joe's nearby, which are always fun to browse (for me at least).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries