Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Kosher toys
Previous  1  2

micki

Post Thu, Dec 15 2005, 10:42 pm
how hard do you search for that perfect outfit?
do you buy the first one you see or search for something that catches your eye?

so why do you say
Quote:
makin themselves crazy

can this apply to anyone who is looking for that perfect outfit? maybe you hate the color blue. you would not even consider any outfit that has blue. are you also making yourself crazy? or is it only in reference to us?
and yet you say
Quote:
we should respect that

but its quite obvious you don't.
hmmm.

raizy

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 12:36 pm
sorry to everyone I offended I didnt mean to sound like that. I didnt know to what extent u have non kosher animals in your house...
my hubby explained it to me a bit better then bashing me.. Confused

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 10:04 pm
Raizy: In addition to what your dear hubby shared with you, here is a link to some articles you might find enlightening...the one in particular regards to this thread is entitled "A Jewish Education Begins at Birth"...enjoy!
Http://mikvah.org/inside.asp?id=8

realeez

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 10:32 pm
back to the original question...
I have an exersaucer shaped like a car that has no animals or music on it - it's made by safety first.

a question re: the not seeing animals - I'm not arguing but always wondered this:
how come people use names for children of non-kosher animals if this is a major inyan of not looking at the non-kosher animals - even drawings? (example dov ber)

TzenaRena

Post Sun, Dec 18 2005, 10:37 pm
There is a teshuvah from the Rebbe about this, and about that the symbols of the shevatim on their flags included some creatures that are chayos temeios, I.e. Yehudah, a lion, Binyomin a z'ev, wolf dan, a serpent, Yisachar - a chamor/ donkey. actually it's a footnote in the sicha posted above. bl"n will look it up.

sheshycoco

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 11:28 am
Forsure I rrespect that, and yes it's just like finding a perfect outfit, I wasn't judging anyone in my previous post, and I would apreciate it , if it were read with a none judgement mind, just as I wrote it.

hisorerus

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 1:47 pm
mommyabc123 wrote:
back to the original question...
I have an exersaucer shaped like a car that has no animals or music on it - it's made by safety first.

Thanks. I'll go check it out. Is it a recent model?
I've been having a hard time finding the types mentioned before.

realeez

Post Mon, Dec 19 2005, 1:51 pm
it's not a recent model but I've seen it around.
good luck!

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Tue, Dec 20 2005, 8:42 pm
Are you a registered user on eBay? Once, I was looking for a Little Tikes item that hadn't been manufactured since the early 1990's...I found it on eBay! Let us know when you find your Exersaucer...Good Luck & Best Wishes! (Now, I'm completely addicted to shopping on eBay for everything hard-to-find and dear hubby is ready to place a parental control on our computer barring me from being able to log-on to their website! LOL!)

sheshycoco

Post Wed, Dec 21 2005, 10:48 pm
HE SINGS TO ME, so cute your name, who sings to you, you dh or child, so nice either way, Im jealous Exclamation

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 12:13 pm
Sheshycoco: Dear Hubby does the singing...he could've/should've been a chazzan! My childrens' little voices ARE like music to my soul...but the REAL REASON I chose that user id is because my first name literally means "He Sings to Her" in Hebrew...thanks for asking! Very Happy
Okay, now...how did you decide on YOUR User ID? Wink

Last edited by He*Sings*To*Me on Thu, Dec 22 2005, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 12:16 pm
I thought of another source for finding your specifically-wanted Exersaucer...consignment shops!

Last edited by He*Sings*To*Me on Thu, Dec 22 2005, 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

hisorerus

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 1:30 pm
I thought I found one at first on ebay, but no good condition, and more expensive than brand new! Oh, great idea: anyone with an old exersaucer fitting my requirements that wants to switch for a brand new one? Smile

I don't know where the consignment shops are around here, but I might go look in a goodwill or something.

nicole81

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 2:02 pm
the one I posted about earlier doesn't have non kosher animals (I'm 99% sure, you can take a closer look.) can't you just take out the batteries in the musical part?

He*Sings*To*Me

Post Thu, Dec 22 2005, 5:06 pm
In several states, there is a chain of children's stores that resells gently-used children's items called "Once Upon A Child"--I think every mum in our congregation shops at the locations closest to us here. They have ALOT of "older" toy items. And, perhaps if you look in your local Yellow Pages under "childrens" or under "consignment" you can ring the numbers listed, describe what you're looking for, and perhaps you'll locate what you're looking for! ( Just another idea...I know what it's like looking for just that certain-something!) Wink

sheshycoco

Post Sat, Dec 24 2005, 10:22 pm
That's cewl, I duno why I CHOSE my user name, didn't think much, I like tweety bird though, until I baught my kid the movie.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics