Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Until what age would you wear a band fall?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Ruby

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 11:12 am
I’m sure the people who think it looks bad wear things I think look bad. There is nothing wrong with different preferences. I think wearing “old lady” styles before 80 ages people. I feel bad for 50 and 60 years olds that think they must look old instead of youthful. I plan on staying youthful as long as I can.

amother
Azalea

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 11:21 am
amother NeonPink wrote:
I agree that people don't realize what they look like. I think when you're over 120 it starts to look a little weird. But that's just my opinion. Lakewood for reference.
Over 120? I don’t even know anyone who’s over 120 and you know ladies that age who are wearing band falls? I think once you hit that age you can wear whatever you’d like.

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 11:33 am
I’m 38 and still wear one. Don’t plan on ever stopping.

Librarian

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 2:34 pm
amother Fern wrote:
I'd like to say, do whatever works for you and don't care what others think.
But, I think anyone over 40 looks stupid with a band fall. I've tried it myself, and though it looks quite nice, I do look like I'm copying my dils and DD. I'm early 40s, I dress quite with it, but draw a line at band falls.

I am 54 and I wore a band fall when I got married 35 years ago so it seems to me my dils and DD would be copying me!

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 2:46 pm
flowerpower wrote:
My neighbor got one now at 58. She looks amazing in it

Maybe I’m your neighbour 😝😉

I wear one & I’m 58.
& I am comfortable. Not looking to compete with anyone.
Ladies…. Cmon !!

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 2:48 pm
amother Fern wrote:
Often, the woman fails to notice that her own face isn't suited to the look, even though she likes the look on other people and believes it works for her too.
I also find it a 'young look'.
Nice idea if a trusted friend or family would advise, but often they won't tell the truth, or may not be asked
Just my opinion.

What’s wrong with looking young? Are we all meant to look like ugly old hags once we hit 40?

Ema of 5

Post Sun, Jun 09 2024, 2:49 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
People are crazy. I’ve seen 60 year olds that look amazing in bands. It really depends on your face and the sheitel style. This is not about age. Definitely 30s and 40s without a doubt.

And I’ve seen women in their 20s who look awful with one, mostly because they didn’t seem to know how to do it right.

amother
Bellflower

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 1:35 pm
I wore one daily until I was 45 when I discovered Lace tops..If it wasn't for the comfort and beauty of my Lacetops shaitels I would still be wearing a bandfall. I could never stand a full wig in my face, they look too wiggy..now with lace I don't have the issue and I look so much better in them. I will still wear a bandfall in the summer and when I travel but I like how I look better in a full wig. I also tend to gray by my ears and a drop at the front..I don't want to have to dye every 3 weeks just to wear a bandfall.

amother
Lightblue

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:16 pm
I'm 61 and have 2 band falls. It's extremely comfortable and looks better then a stood. I really don't care what others think My comfort level is more important

amother
Dustypink

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:19 pm
Over 50 but can easily past for late 30s and even younger in my fall. However my style suits my age. I dont have a long flowy fall. Mine is shoulder length and straight.

oohlala

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:23 pm
44 and I love mine. I have some wrinkles on my forehead, but so what! It’s so comfortable every day and I wear mine sleek and straight, not super long, but not short either.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:35 pm
I actually look better in my fall now at 34 than when I was 21 in my ninth month...

amother
Opal

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 3:38 pm
Band falls keep you looking young? No they are just way more comfortable than a full sheitel. Especially in the heat. Then again I wear scarves 90% of the time. Is there an age group for that too?

readreread

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 6:50 pm
What? Imo you can wear it as long as you like! If it's comfy then go for it. I bet you look fantastic.

amother
Quince

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 7:17 pm
When it's not flattering anymore. The face changes with age so when the flat band near the hairline drags down the face, something else looks better.

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Jun 11 2024, 8:13 pm
This thread makes me so grateful to live so far out of town that no one would think twice about a 42 year old with a headband and a ponytail. I wear my wunderwig pony every single day of the work week. I work in healthcare and you couldn’t pay me $$ to wear anything else to work. Other than a regular band fall down and not in a pony, but even that’s a stretch.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels