Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Best tasting produce in Brooklyn?

Teacup9

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 9:50 pm
I NEED to eat more fruit and veggies, but I hate the bland taste of most supermarket stuff. I really try to buy in season, but since I'm not a farmer, I'm just guessing.

I would LOVE to go to the farmer's market in union square regularly, but don't see how I can lug the stroller up the Kings Highway subway steps. (Union Square has an elevator.) Is it worth it to drive there? How is parking? The green market by the aquarium usually only has one good fruit and boro park is better but still they are only once a week and don't have much variety.

Where do you buy really, really tasty sweet and juicy fruits and great vegetables?

ss321

Post Tue, Aug 19 2008, 11:37 pm
either buy stuff at whole foods on my way home (but that doesnt help u its in union square)
or I get produce at the orchard. its more expensive (duh) but you are paying for gorgeous, delicious, quality produce. I usually hate eating fruits (peaches, plums, grapes, etc). tome they all tatste the same. their stuff is amazing...

mom21n2

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:15 pm
My DH really likes the place across the street from the Shop Rite on MacDonald.

PIP

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:20 pm
Costco- can't be beat! Kosher Korner on mcdonald gets his fruit from there and has half of special on friday!

bpgirl

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 12:40 pm
orchard in flatbush on coney island, its a bit pricy though

eggplant

Post Wed, Aug 20 2008, 6:42 pm
LOL LOL eggplant is good all over LOL LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries