Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Do your wedding/engagement ring still fit you?
Previous  1  2

Do your wedding/engagement ring still fit you?
Yes, why wouldn't it?  
 77%  [ 62 ]
Nope... those darn kids, nothing fits anymore...  
 16%  [ 13 ]
Yes, now that I had them resized.  
 6%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 80

Purplehair

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 7:18 am
I didn't vote because you didn't include an option for "one fits, but not the other" Very Happy
When we got married, my engagement ring was a bit large, and my wedding band fit perfectly.
Now, the engagement ring fits perfectly, and the wedding band is a bit too tight Sad
Then again, it doesn't really matter since I rarely wear any rings at all. I used to "worry" about what others would think (especially when I was pregnant!), but not anymore. I cover my hair completely, I conduct myself as a bas Yisroel, and I know I am married. What does it matter if the rest of the world is hung up on whether or not a ring is present on my finger?

amother

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 8:42 am
I find these last couple of threads, which are all discussing "wedding / engagement rings" kinds of insensitive!! Please keep in mind that 2 of our friends from Imamother both lost their rings last rings, 1 of which to save her life!!!!!

flowerpower

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 10:56 am
They are a little loose even right now!

Teacup9

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
I find these last couple of threads, which are all discussing "wedding / engagement rings" kinds of insensitive!! Please keep in mind that 2 of our friends from Imamother both lost their rings last rings, 1 of which to save her life!!!!!

I don't think that is exactly fair amother. We have forums about our relationships with DH, inlaws, and family - sometimes we complain about our family, and sadly some members have lost their close family. We have infertility forums as well as pregnancy and child rearing forums. We deeply sympathize with our friends who lost or had their rings stolen. It is not insensitive to start or join a separate conversation about rings fitting or not fitting.

miriamnechama

Post Mon, Aug 25 2008, 2:59 pm
Teacup9 wrote:
amother wrote:

I don't think that is exactly fair amother. We have forums about our relationships with DH, inlaws, and family - sometimes we complain about our family, and sadly some members have lost their close family. We have infertility forums as well as pregnancy and child rearing forums. We deeply sympathize with our friends who lost or had their rings stolen. It is not insensitive to start or join a separate conversation about rings fitting or not fitting.

I agree, I had mine stolen years ago... I think it was then a blessing in disguise... all I can say is I'm glad to have my health and not that it would hav ebeen on the expense of my rings. and one was sentimental a yerusha from my mother ah.

Seraph

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:58 pm
mine fit perfectly. perhaps even a little big now.

Laughing Bag!

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 3:20 pm
my wedding ring never fit me and my engagement ring does however I never wear it anyway so it doesn't bother me at all
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics