Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Getting those recipes off the fridge

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 6:10 am
Today I am finally taking a big step and transferring all those hastily scribbled recipes which are then stuck with a magnet to my fridge door and side, to index cards
Can you relate?
Very Happy

*hastily scribbled: taken from food packaging, the internet, Imamother etc. Some, I never bothered to make a title for so I don't know what they were meant to be shock They deserve a place of kavod in my index box, don't they?

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:19 am
wow ... the only thing I'm better at ... I put them into a special recipe drawer ... never hang them on my fridge ... so will you laminate them as well ... so no margarine smudges the recipe ... Nervous

don't worry plenty of other stuff magnetized to the dear ole refridgerator ...

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:24 am
I don't have a special recipe drawer. Which is a good thing since I have moved to much. I have pack-and-carry index boxes. The internet has been good to me, but it's a pain to have the computer on the kitchen table while I am cooking so I write things on scraps of paper. Sometimes I forget to put the title on :shock: . Anyway, it's all over and done with and now there is more room for new junk on my fridge. I also cleaned out my inbox where I stored some recipes.

ClaRivka

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:33 am
I recently went thru all my recipes, I keep them in a recipe cupboard!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:36 am
I always put it straight into a folder that is with the rest of my cookbooks.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:40 am
Well, besides my 2 recipe boxes ( 2 sizes of index cards), I have my recipe "thing" which is a cloth bag. In that I keep recipes I printed out or scribble hastily on normal pieces of paper, filed in plastic sleeves with some sort of order (meats, vegetarian, sweets, yom tov menus etc.). Some of the things on the fridge came from there but started to deteriorate after hanging for so long (we've gone away the past 2 Pesachs so I didn't file them, I just cleaned the outside of the fridge and stuck them back) so now they have a nice final resting place in the index box. The small one, with the colored index cards Very Happy

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:47 am
You sound like me Tamiri - I have them stuck to the fridge - mostly imamother recipes & the ones I've printed out still need to be hole punched to go in my recipe binder. The pile is growing!!

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 7:53 am
Cheers I surrender you are more organized ...

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 8:04 am
greenfire wrote:
Cheers I surrender you are more organized ...

Don't compete. I am backside. Like when I want to compare electric bills 5 years back on the Life in Israel forum: no prob. It's all there. Maybe when I get a real life it won't be like this anymore Rolling Laughter

mom21n2

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 9:24 am
Mine are in a pile. All my papers go in the same pile. This week the pile fell over. Luckily it was on the floor so it didn't hurt anyone. (I put it on the floor last week because I saw that it was going to fall over and I didn't want it accidentally squashing the twins.) When I get time, I am going to go through the big pile and sort things into smaller piles and then put them in boxes. Then they go to the basement. I don't know what happens to them after that.

flowerpower

Post Fri, Aug 22 2008, 10:00 am
I have a folder of all the recipes I tore out of magazines and what not that looked good. Puting them in a neat albums is a good idea, no?
Good for finaly letting everyone know what color your fridge is Tamiri!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics