Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
Where do you keep your kids' School-Bags??

Mishie

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 3:55 pm
I need a good solution.
Right now they keep them in this little area in front of this shoe-rack. But, it kinda blocks the entrance to the bathroom off the the hallway.....
So, I'm looking for some ideas....

P.S. We're talking about 5 school-bags, 3 of which are pretty bulky, and therefor can't really be hung-up on a hook for example....

Tamiri

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:07 pm
Can they throw them under a bed/crib to keep them out of the way until the next morning?

Raisin

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:11 pm
Inside the black hole of an understair coat cupboard.

shalhevet

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:22 pm
Raisin wrote:
Inside the black hole of an understair coat cupboard.

Israeli apartments have no stairs, understairs, or coat cupboards Confused

I am super-organized. My kids' schoolbags live on the floor in their rooms (on the days that I manage to get them to take them there from where they were thrown in the hall when they got home.) So I'd also appreciate any advice Help

Tamiri

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:29 pm
Let's be honest: in an Israeli apartment there is nowhere for anything. So, the next best is to get the bags away from the entryway where you can fall over them and possibly kill yourself or worse, and get them into an area less used. Which would probably mean the children's bedroom/s. In my parents house the DR table is just in from the front door and it was a dumping ground for everything. Not pretty, but convenient.

Raisin

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 5:39 pm
Actually, my dd has her new schoolbag stuffed with all her new books, and has hung it from a hook in her room. So I'm not sure why you think you can't hang it from a hook? Maybe a very strong one?

if my kids bedrooms were downstairs I would make them put them in their room.

And how am I supposed to know what mishies's dwelling place is like? I know plenty of people in israel living in houses, they may even have coat cupboards.

micki

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 10:12 pm
I have 5 schoolbags hanging on strong hooks right near the kitchen table so that they get their stuff right near where theuy do hw, and I can easily pack the lunch in.

avimom

Post Sat, Aug 23 2008, 10:29 pm
I saw an over the door bookbag holder that held 5 or 6 bags in a row down, but I would imagine that with large knapsacks it would be difficult to open the door all the way...

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:56 am
in their bedrooms ...

manhattanmom

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 11:35 am
When I was growing up, our school bags and coats, etc. went directly into our bedrooms where we had our own desks and did our homework (which were on the main floor)
One of the most important things my "dream home" someday will need is a good mudroom where you can dump everything like school bags, mittens, and outdoor toys.

bebe3

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 2:53 pm
we come in through the back door so I have a three tiered shoe shelf and right next to it a wooden strip of 6 coat hooks. On the hooks they hang their coats and back packs. easily accessible and stays off the floor.

Tehilla

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 2:54 pm
a chair by the front door.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:57 pm
I recently renovated and right where you come in I have a small coat closet. It has hooks. The little kids hang their coats there, and dump their briefcases. In the summer they keep the swimming things there. (It's the mess in my house)

jennzda1

Post Fri, Apr 03 2009, 11:42 am
I found some small rolling hampers with handles. I got a different color for each kid, and they dump their bookbags, their coats, mittens, hats, and shoes in there. Then you can roll them into each bedroom when you've looked through everything, or, for those who have coat closets, roll them into there.

HooRYou

Post Sun, Apr 05 2009, 4:07 am
I know a few families here who put up racks or shelves outside their front door for bags and coats.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics