Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Ben Simone salon- added $85 to bill for trim

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:39 pm
DD got $300 straigtening and the stylist asked if she wants a trim as well. DD said yes (she should have asked the price, but they didn't volunteer it) and they added another $85 to bill. Anything we can do about it? Can/Should I do anything through credit card?

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:41 pm
Whenever I'm offered anything at a salon (even having my hair dried), I ask if it'll be extra. It's like being offered wine with dinner. Just because it's offered, doesn't mean it's comped.

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:43 pm
Clarissa wrote:
Whenever I'm offered anything at a salon (even having my hair dried), I ask if it'll be extra. It's like being offered wine with dinner. Just because it's offered, doesn't mean it's comped.
I totally understand that, but an $85 trim?

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:44 pm
I know it's a lot of money, but they charge what they charge. I'm not familiar with the place, but I know there are some pretty expensive haircuts out there. I don't think you can dispute it. Just teach your daughter how things work, so she won't say yes to anything without asking price.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:49 pm
well if you ask me $300 is a lot to begin with ... and while $85 for a trim is exorbitant - it seems to go with the original price ... you definitely have to ask the price for any such services ... so while they should've mentioned it - you cannot withhold their pay ... that would be stealing ...

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:53 pm
greenfire wrote:
well if you ask me $300 is a lot to begin with ... and while $85 for a trim is exorbitant - it seems to go with the original price ... you definitely have to ask the price for any such services ... so while they should've mentioned it - you cannot withhold their pay ... that would be stealing ...
True. Guess it's DD's fault.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 3:57 pm
it's not really anybody's fault ... it's merely a mistake ... so who is paying for such an expensive haircut and how old is this dd ... can she earn some money towards it ...

Mevater

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 4:17 pm
Hey, they made an adjustment. They were nice. They cut the price drastically. LOL

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 4:19 pm
That's great.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 4:20 pm
kool so you asked and you received ...

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 6:55 pm
I had something similar. when I went there to get my hair blown for my graduation pics, I was told a wash and blow would be $35. it wasn't crazy at that time and u get what u pay for. when I was done, they said would u like for us to put ur hair in a half pony? I said sure. they took exactly two min and 4 bobby pins to do it. I came to the desk (I don't know how much extra) but they claimed that I had a half updo. I said what???? I have seen half updos and my hair was not that. I ended up bargaining down a little but I left with a very bad taste and a lesson learned. I had never been to a fancy place like that before. since then I always ask.

cindy324

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 9:45 pm
The place I go to get get color and highlights, or , last time, just highlights, they include cut and style in the price. The price of color and highlight is about $120, just highlight is $75, and they both included the cut.

bubby

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:21 pm
I hack hair for free. As for straightening...I used to use an iron. Burnt my scalp a couple of times. That's the beauty of a shaitel!

Clarissa

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:23 pm
bubby wrote:
I hack hair for free. As for straightening...I used to use an iron. Burnt my scalp a couple of times. That's the beauty of a shaitel!
You're a free hair-hacker? And it sounds like you do a great job, except for the burnt scalp and all.

greenfire

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:25 pm
scalping shock

bubby

Post Sun, Aug 24 2008, 10:29 pm
Yes, you too can look like a Yeshiva Buchur mit the peyos (to attach the combs to) if you do the bubby-cut. It's pretty freaky though...until it grows I look like "a pea on top of a potato" (MY mother's saying, not about me B"H!!) Puke Then when it's grown I look like a bush on top of a melon.

I LOVE my shaitels LOL
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries