Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Neighborhoods in west Brooklyn or lower Manhattan

four710

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 9:01 am
Hi!

My fiancè and I will be BeH getting married in August (I received permission to join pre-marriage) and we are looking into moving to neighborhoods in west Brooklyn or lower Manhattan. We are in our late 20s and Modern Orthodox. Any insight on where might be a good fit for us to look? Shuls, neighborhoods, and just thoughts in in general are all appreciated! Thank you so much!!

icedcoffee

Post Fri, May 17 2024, 9:09 am
Hello! I'm MO and live in Manhattan too. A lot of us live on the UWS or UES, but I believe there's a nice community on the Lower East Side. There's definitely a Chabad there with events geared towards young professionals. If you're willing to go higher up, there's a great community around the east 50s too. Sorry can't be more helpful because I'm more uptown, but welcome!

four710

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:29 am
Thanks so much! We're actually looking to move from the UWS Smile

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:44 am
If you explain what you mean by west Brooklyn maybe we can be more helpful. Can you give us an idea of streets or name of a neighborhood. In Manhattan areas are referred to as West, East, but in Brooklyn not usually.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:16 am
Boro Park and Bensonhurst are on the western side of Brooklyn but I'm sure you aren't looking to move there. Do you mean north Brooklyn that is closer to Manhattan?

four710

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 7:34 am
Yes! Thanks for asking! We won’t have a car and I’ve noticed most subway lines are more west. I work in Sunset Park, so ideally a community close to the N/R line or with a short time until the transfer at Atlantic Barclays. Communities that have popped up on my search so far are Bensonhurst/ Mapleton, Crown Heights/ Prospect Heights, Park Slope, and Brooklyn Heights/ Downtown Brooklyn. Not sure if they’re good fits though. But open to any suggestions and thoughts on where we might find Mondern Orthodox hashkafa with good community for newlyweds! Does that answer your question? Thank you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating