Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Underwear

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:10 pm
I'm looking online to buy myself some decent underwear and I came across shapers.. Underwear that will hold my preg.-looking belly in! But they must be uncomfortable and tight, I can't imagine wearing them all the time, maybe just to a simcha. Anyone wear these things?

ClaRivka

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:11 pm
theyre also known as "girdles". I wouldnt wear them if ur preg

Maya

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:17 pm
A shaper is not as tight as a girdle, and should be okay during pregnancy. It's simply a tighter panty.

amother

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 4:17 pm
No, I'm not preg! Just look it Sad

MalkaChaya

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:28 pm
I'd be careful with shapers and be sure to take a good look in the mirror before walking out of the house. Depending on how tight they fit, and how much you are trying to hold in, you may wind up with the dreaded "muffin top syndrome." Sometimes, it's just better to look naturally larger than to try to conceal it and have everything bulge over the top of the shaper. The new shape can be significantly less flattering than the one you were trying to hide.

That said, I'm a huge fan of Spanx. Pricey, but I have found online and/or in stores like Marshalls. Just don't buy them too small hoping for increased "suck-in power." You WILL look like a muffin.

flowerpower

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 1:43 pm
A panty girdle that fits right is a great way to loook a size smaller.

Mimisinger

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 2:53 pm
LOL MALKA CHAYA - I had a roommate who wore them every day. So uncomfortable. I couldn't imagine it. That said, I wore a huge grandma one for my wedding - it looked like an old fashioned bathing suit, very uncomfortable but I looked great in pics. I had a friend get married before me who told me she didn't wear one, and that I shouldn't because it's way more comfortable and easier to dance without one.

Well...I knew she didn't wear one at her wedding, because she was hanging out all over. I figure one day I can suffer for pics that will last a lifetime.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics