Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Seminary insuarance

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 6:33 am
my daughter will be in seminary next year. She is an israeli citizen (we moved away when she was a baby). In this case, do I still get her the student insurance plan from the seminary, or does she get bituach leumi? I am assuming she doesn't since she is not becoming a resident, but figured I would ask

amother
Tan

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 6:43 am
Ask the seminary. They need to know.

lostmyoldSN

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:46 am
What are you doing about her status? Doesn't she also need paperwork that she's a frum girl and so she doesn't get drafted?

This is ktin chozer, but not sure how that works with seminary and if she's going back to chu"l at the end of the year.
https://www.gov.il/he/pages/el.....dex=6

LovesHashem

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:23 am
lostmyoldSN wrote:
What are you doing about her status? Doesn't she also need paperwork that she's a frum girl and so she doesn't get drafted?

This is ktin chozer, but not sure how that works with seminary and if she's going back to chu"l at the end of the year.
https://www.gov.il/he/pages/el.....dex=6

What paperwork? You go to an office and just sign you keep shabbos, kosher, and tzniyus. You don't need any other "proof".

lostmyoldSN

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 11:27 am
LovesHashem wrote:
What paperwork? You go to an office and just sign you keep shabbos, kosher, and tzniyus. You don't need any other "proof".

Ok, but most seminary girls aren't doing that. It's something that needs to be done.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 5:59 pm
We have ben mehagrim status for her so she can be there for the year ....or we can have her go to the rabanut office then giyus office and get religious exemption (she won't be in city center so it is a lot of running around). Not sure which we should do.

In terms of insurance, I asked the sem a while ago and they said same insurance but I wonder if we can/should get her free insurance as a citizen...?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions