Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
GOOD manicure/pedicure in Brooklyn

fantabulous

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 2:23 pm
Is there anywhere in Brooklyn (Boro Park/Flatbush area) that gives a GOOD manicure and pedicure.

I would like somwhere that does a good job and is clean. I want to feel pampered. Willing to spend a little more, but nothing too crazy.

baschabad

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 3:24 pm
I can't say there is a good place that I know of, but let me give my reviews on Zivale's and VIP Nails in Crown Heights.
Zivale's is a gorgeous place, really new and nice, but when I was there, the manicurist filed my skin (ouch!) and claimed that it was my fault for keeping my nails too short Question and cut my finger when I asked her to cut my cuticles! They're also not that expensive. It was ORIGINALLY a Jewish owned store, but a non jewish lady bought it out in July of this year so she calls it NEW Zivale's, (and P.S. they won't honor any gift certificates from before the transfer of ownership.)

VIP Nails is not very clean at all, there was bee buzzing around last time I went to get a manicure, but as far as I'm concerned they do a good job for a good price and it's heimish! (Not Jewish owned.)

bpgirl

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 7:11 pm
U can try Ben Simone its on Ave p

SingALong

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 7:11 pm
pedi spa on ave m and like 15th,
and their matching place on ave j bet coney island and 12th. both similar quality service, very good, clean.

also, classic beauty on coney island bet. ave j and k

rise above

Post Tue, Aug 26 2008, 10:37 pm
moss nails on J or M (I think thats the same as pedi spa the previous poster wrote). Highly recommended- they treat you wiht class and they do a great job. It's so relaxing there.

fantabulous

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:47 am
I was hoping for something different than Moss, but I'll probably end up going there.

I went to M the past few times and it didn't feel relaxing. If there are two women giving pedicures at the same time, they yack to each other loud. I found that really annoying and disturbing when I just wanted to relax and enjoy. Sometimes even if there's only one doing the pedicure, she'll scream to the women at the manicure tables.

rise above

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:32 am
I would think that has nothing to do with the salon, rather the cliental of that neighborhood.
Wasn't someone on this site, I may be gong back a year, opening a fancy spa in bp for ladies? She was asking everyone for ideas for a name for the store?

fantabulous

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:38 am
rise above - not the clients, the technicians! They're the ones yacking away in korean - it's annoying.

rise above

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:48 am
OH LOL. I never had that there. I've gone to the one on J a couple of times and either it didn't happen or I didnt notice. Did you try BUnny Martel on Ave. M and 19th- it's a upscale place.

amother
Bronze

Post Tue, Sep 29 2020, 6:20 am
Bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries