Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Help me help my daughter!!

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 20 2024, 10:28 pm
My sweet and adorable daughter is floundering in her school. Her class size is way too big. Her teachers can't give her enough attention. She is basically skating through the year. I barely know what is going on despite asking several times for notifications and emails about how she is doing, how I can support her, upcoming projects or things I need to provide/do etc. There are too many kids.

She is in 2nd/3rd grade. Being a little vague here to protect confidentiality as I ask this in real life all the time.

She has ADHD, is medicated and under supervision of a child psychiatrist for med adjustments. She is distracted easily and has social skills issues. She has an OT too. Trying every route.
She is also super bright. Reads above grade level. Teachers ask her questions and she knows the answers... she just has trouble writing stuff down. She is kind and helpful. A great girl but sometimes gets overstimulated easily.

I need a new school for her. Open to anywhere in the USA but prefer not NY. We are out of towners at heart. It could be a special ed program or just a warm small school that is open to helping her be her best.

Please help this mom! We want to help her!!

amother
Ebony

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 1:39 am
I have a Family member similar to what you describe who’s doing great in phoenix

wanttobehappy

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 3:13 am
NY is really ur best option she would prob do amazing in the ichud program. It’s a speacial ed class in a regular school. Very individualized.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:36 am
wanttobehappy wrote:
NY is really ur best option she would prob do amazing in the ichud program. It’s a speacial ed class in a regular school. Very individualized.

Isn't Ichud for kids with academic or learning problems? My daughter gets distracted and has the social issues with ADHD but is above grade level in some ways.

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 6:37 am
amother Ebony wrote:
I have a Family member similar to what you describe who’s doing great in phoenix

What school or program? How are they helping her? Please- any info would be good!!

amother
OP

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:27 am
Bumping... thanks

amother
Grape

Post Tue, May 21 2024, 11:46 am
My kid is identical. I convinced the school to back off and she’s thriving. So she doesn’t always fill out all her sheets or bring her homework home. She’s still top of the class. Such a child usually belongs in a regular classroom with the school just looking away at the sloppy class work.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics