Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Cheap (real) haircut in Brooklyn?

Teacup9

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 4:43 pm
Where can I get an inexpensive haircut in Brooklyn? Prefer flatbush/midwood/marine park so I can walk with the baby and hopefully he'll fall asleep. Otherwise where will someone babysit or tolerate a crying baby while I get my hair cut? I know places have training days or specials for certain days of the week, but where are they? I seriously want like a $15 haircut, because why pay so much for something that is always in a ponytail anyway?

And I'd like to complain so just skim through...
My hair is so long (I haven't cut it since December 25th when an Israeli place was having a x-mas sale). I thought dh liked it long, because I spent a lot of time telling him how beautiful, long, thick, luxurious my hair was while I was pregnant and right after. Now it is just stringy and the baby is always pulling it and I can't wait to get it cut!!! So I told him I was getting it cut and he was like whatever don't think I care. I wanted him to care about my long hair, but he doesn't so now I don't either.

Cdlf

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:06 pm
On 8th Avenue bet. 49 and 50 there is a Chinese place, with a blue awning, that charges $18 for a wash, cut and blow, including a 10 minutes scalp and shoulder massage!

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 7:31 pm
You can get a decent and cheap haircut at a beauty school.

amother

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:34 pm
difr wrote:
On 8th Avenue bet. 49 and 50 there is a Chinese place, with a blue awning, that charges $18 for a wash, cut and blow, including a 10 minutes scalp and shoulder massage!

Ur not embarrassed to take off your wig in front of non jews??? and start explaining them why ur wearing a wig if u have such beautiful hair.
Im sooo embarassed!

Teacup9

Post Mon, Sep 01 2008, 11:46 pm
amother wrote:
difr wrote:

Ur not embarrassed to take off your wig in front of non jews??? and start explaining them why ur wearing a wig if u have such beautiful hair.
Im sooo embarassed!

I don't want to go to the salon I went to before I was married, because they charge a lot, but frum married women were there all the time. The hairdressers are mostly Italian women but a few men are around so they'll take you to a private back room. Just like secular businesses understand that Jewish employees only eat kosher and can't work on the holidays other businesses in NYC at least are aware that we cover our hair and it is just as normal to them as other religious customs. I have a friend who gets high lights and a cut. Then she has them blow dry her hair straight and they still see her put it up in a bun and cover it with a tichel before leaving. They know she gets her hair done for her husband and herself and they understand it as much as they can.

supermommy

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 2:06 pm
alot of sheitel machers do haircuts and at least in ch you can get one for $10. Maybe call some sheitel machers and see what they charge.

greenfire

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 3:08 pm
what makes a haircut real ... too bad you only value your hair if dh does ... you should be happy for you ... too bad I was in ny last week and had some free time and I cut hair ...

Teacup9

Post Tue, Sep 02 2008, 3:20 pm
greenfire wrote:
what makes a haircut real ... too bad you only value your hair if dh does ... you should be happy for you ... too bad I was in ny last week and had some free time and I cut hair ...

It's real because it is for my real hair instead of my sheital hair.
I think lots of woman consult their husbands before changing their appearance.

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:34 am
Teacup9 wrote:

I think lots of woman consult their husbands before changing their appearance.

I've learnt that some (read most) men are afraid of change in their woman and will always say to stick with the usual style. In my opinion, do whatever you want to do, make sure it will suit you and you will look good and your man will love your new look or at least get used to it. Never get a man's opinion before you do what you want to unless he's gay or is very fashion savvy. 8)

greenfire

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 9:45 am
excuse me my son is very capable of giving and noticing (see what happens with so many sisters) ... as a matter of fact he made me change my outfit for a wedding embarrassed ...

I still say do it for yourself ...

Lady Godiva

Post Wed, Sep 03 2008, 8:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
excuse me my son is very capable of giving and noticing (see what happens with so many sisters) ... as a matter of fact he made me change my outfit for a wedding embarrassed ...

I still say do it for yourself ...

My brothers too...these are fashion savvy guys, metrosexuals. LOL

aishetchabibi

Post Mon, Sep 15 2008, 1:43 pm
At Haeisha you'll spend 25 but they have great service all female environment it's on M and E.12th street in Flatbush
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics