Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
But all the kids are going....! Maaaaaa!
Previous  1  2

grin

Post Mon, Sep 22 2008, 9:18 pm
ShakleeMom wrote:
Well, my kids appreciate that I’m the fun mommy, the house everyone wants to come play at. Just last night we had a sleepover with three girls. No school, who cares, eh? It doesn’t cost a penny to be the fun mother.

However, the kids accept it as a bonus and not a tradeoff. I think they should not be expected to.

You're absolutely right - your kids have a really smart mommy. Try not to feel guilty. I'm sure you would give it to them if you only could and they know that too, but Hashem has decided differently for now. Try (yourself) to appreciate that it's a small non-essential that you can't afford and feel grateful to Hashem for that.

The kids need to know that you feel badly about it and understand them, that's it's OK to feel bad (w/o tantrumming, of course), but nonetheless they're never going to be able to have all the things they would like. Teaching them to accept that is also part of your job.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics