Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Gym clothes help

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:47 am
I am XL or 1X so not a small woman and this summer heat plus exercising in tznius clothes is turning me into a sweaty, smelly, uncomfortable mess.
Can you help advise me what to wear?
I usually walk 20 min to the gym (use it as a warm up) and then exercise on machines for half hour or so and then walk home.
Right now I'm wearing a pony wig, leggings, a short flarey skirt and a T-shirt.
Is there any clothing recommendations that I would be fully tznius in that would be more comfortable? Materials? Brands?

Thanks!

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:24 pm
leggings to the ankle are really warm to wear. what about compression socks instead?

you might be more comfortable in a baseball shirt rather than a long sleeved tee shirt also. and a bandana rather than a wig.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:19 pm
The gym is mixed, my Rav said I can go if I'm dressed fully tznius and in a shaitel.
Are there materials that absorb sweat or don't sweat as much?
Are there better leggings for exercise?
What about types of shirts?
I'm a big shvitzer unfortunately.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:34 pm
I go to a mixed gym. There are a fair amount of frum women and none of them wear a sheitel, and the hair is completly covered. They wear tichels or bandanas.

Instead of leggins and a skirt, try the exercise skirt by Kosher Casual.

https://www.amazon.com/Kosher-.....ss_tl

It's lightweight and tznius

amother
Lightcyan

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
I go to a mixed gym. There are a fair amount of frum women and none of them wear a sheitel, and the hair is completly covered. They wear tichels or bandanas.

Instead of leggins and a skirt, try the exercise skirt by Kosher Casual.

https://www.amazon.com/Kosher-.....ss_tl

It's lightweight and tznius

I second this skirt. I wear it in the longer leggings style and it's more comfortable than leggings with a skirt over it. For shirts, I wear breathable fabrics from sporting stores, just in crew neck and long sleeves.
Try this one on Amazon: LOMON Women Long Sleeve Shirts Sun Protection 1/4 Zip Summer Quick Dry Hiking Shirts Quarter Zip Pullover for Women
Sorry, don't know how to link. Also, I don't wear a sheital working out. I'd overheat. I wear a tichel with some Bobby pins. Works for me. Good luck!

amother
Lemonlime

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 6:41 pm
I don’t know anyone who wears a Sheitel working out, we all wear snoods.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 7:53 pm
Im not working out, this is a physical therapy gym, where I use machines but I sweat like crazy. Being plus size means the sweating creates rashes etc. There is another woman I sometimes see there and she also wears a shaitel.

I can ask the Rav again about wearing a tichel.

Do the skirt leggings cover all the way? In the picture they just cover the knee. I need to my socks. No offense to that brand but a few things I bought from them went see through very fast. If it was tznius I would try it!

Are moisture wick shirts, what I'm looking for?

chocolate moose

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 8:19 pm
if you want moisture wickingshirts you need the technical ones. they are sold in the winter, not as much this time of year. nike makes them, new balance. they are running shirts.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics