Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Summer Camps for Elementary kids in RBS
Previous  1  2

amother
Snowdrop

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:44 am
This thread has some possibly relevant camps in RBS too: https://www.imamother.com/foru.....60476

salt

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 4:52 am
Just adding, even though the population of RBS is largely English speaking, I imagine the camps would be conducted in Hebrew, and the kids might speak Hebrew among themselves, although most of them probably do speak fairly fluent English.

amother
Whitesmoke

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 5:34 am
salt wrote:
Just adding, even though the population of RBS is largely English speaking, I imagine the camps would be conducted in Hebrew, and the kids might speak Hebrew among themselves, although most of them probably do speak fairly fluent English.

Its alwaysfunny to me when people say this.
You know there are many many israeli non english speakers in rbs, right?

kalsee

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 6:19 am
salt wrote:

Your assumption is not correct. All camps mentioned in this thread are conducted in English .
though obviously some kids might choose to talk Hebrew to each other, it's not the majority

salt

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 6:23 am
amother Whitesmoke wrote:
Its alwaysfunny to me when people say this.
You know there are many many israeli non english speakers in rbs, right?

Right, so even more so, the OP should be warned that if she sends her American kids to a day camp in RBS, it will be Hebrew speaking.

Although the following post actually says the opposite to what I said, that there really are camps that are conducted in English - so I guess the Israeli kids don't come to those. Or they learn English!

kalsee

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 6:26 am
salt wrote:
Right, so even more so, the OP should be warned that if she sends her American kids to a day camp in RBS, it will be Hebrew speaking.

Although the following post actually says the opposite to what I said, that there really are camps that are conducted in English - so I guess the Israeli kids don't come to those. Or they learn English!

Israeli chareidi culturally are not into camps.

Most send to the school camp (3 weeks of July), afterwards there's backyard camps for the really young kids.
once you hit 8 years old or so, nothing

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, May 28 2024, 6:39 am
Camps are in English. Israelis go to school camp in July and hang out with cousins and go on trips in August.

You'll find some ads online in the RBS views and RBS Sunshine. Look them up.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions