Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is housing a good enough reason to move?

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:27 am
I paid 600k for my 1400 sqft three
Bedroom house and it’s now worth a million. I have six kids and we need more space. We can’t really afford a bigger house locally or to do construction.

My job can easily be remote. Dh job can’t but he is not so happy and looking for a new one.

My oldest will be in sixth grade next year. My kids are all very happy in school but I am very unimpressed with my girls school, the older they get the more unimpressed I am getting and switching locally is not an option.

I am seriously considering moving Jackson/howell/Manchester or passaic/clifton. The million dollars I can get for my house will buy me a decent size house in either community.

My husband can start looking for a job in both places and we will see what comes up.

The main reason for this move would literally be a bigger house. Is that a good enough reason to pick up a family and move?

ShishKabob

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:30 am
How can we know?
First, try to see if you get accepted into a school in the place where you are thinking of moving to. You may have your answer right there. Bhatzlocha

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:32 am
Apply to schools there and if you get in move. And yes many move so that they can afford a bigger place

amother
Freesia

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:32 am
But it sounds like you have more reasons than a house.

amother
Mimosa

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:33 am
I would consider it depending if the other factors (school, friends, jobs, etc) made sense too. I would also factor in family size and how long I could really make it with 3 bedrooms

Also- just keep in mind that Edison and Passaic are nowhere near each other and shouldn’t be lumped together as a community option

lora

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 11:49 am
Sure, I know many people that moved for that reason.

camp123

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:24 pm
Of course it's a good reason to move.

Cheiny

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:41 pm
amother OP wrote:
I paid 600k for my 1400 sqft three
Bedroom house and it’s now worth a million. I have six kids and we need more space. We can’t really afford a bigger house locally or to do construction.

My job can easily be remote. Dh job can’t but he is not so happy and looking for a new one.

My oldest will be in sixth grade next year. My kids are all very happy in school but I am very unimpressed with my girls school, the older they get the more unimpressed I am getting and switching locally is not an option.

I am seriously considering moving Jackson/howell/Manchester or passaic/clifton. The million dollars I can get for my house will buy me a decent size house in either community.

My husband can start looking for a job in both places and we will see what comes up.

The main reason for this move would literally be a bigger house. Is that a good enough reason to pick up a family and move?

But it’s not the only reason. You say you’re unhappy with your kids’ school and there aren’t any other local options… also, needing more space is a big reason to move. I think you should go for it.

tichellady

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:53 pm
Sounds like a good reason to move but I would make sure you like the new school and neighborhood since this is a big move for your kids

zaq

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 3:09 pm
Housing is an excellent reason to move. One of the best. Why would you think otherwise?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating