Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Health Insurance in New Jersey

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:41 pm
My daughter just got married and moved to Lakewood. What health insurance plans should she look into there? She said through her work she would only get insurance for maternity.

Any help is greatly appreciated l!

Also, does anyone know what plans CHEMED accepts?

Thank you!

amother
Caramel

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:47 pm
She should go on nj marketplace and see which plans she's eligible for.
https://www.nj.gov/getcoverednj/

Amarante

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:53 pm
Are you sure your daughter understands the health insurance from her company because it is very odd that employer furnished insurance only covers maternity

As posted, if she goes to the Nee Jersey marketplace, she can review policies. Keep in mind that if her employer offers insurance which is actual health insurance, she isn’t eligible for a premium subsidy. Again, the insurance you pos is so odd, that she should confirm she is understanding her benefits correctly.

She probably has a Qualifying Event by either moving or marriage but she wouid need to act soon before Open Enrollment closes.

lollypop2

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 12:59 pm
She should reach out to an agency that helps with enrollment for free like Diamant and Associates. I’ve been using them for 3 years and am very happy. They explained everything to me and since she recently got married she should be able to quality without it being open enrollment.

amother
OP

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:01 pm
Amarante wrote:
Are you sure your daughter understands the health insurance from her company because it is very odd that employer furnished insurance only covers maternity

As posted, if she goes to the Nee Jersey marketplace, she can review policies. Keep in mind that if her employer offers insurance which is actual health insurance, she isn’t eligible for a premium subsidy. Again, the insurance you pos is so odd, that she should confirm she is understanding her benefits correctly.

She probably has a Qualifying Event by either moving or marriage but she wouid need to act soon before Open Enrollment closes.

You're right....I told her it seems strange that only maternity would be covered. I'm thinking maybe she misunderstood and thought a maternity leave would be covered in terms of pay or keeping her job

amother
Mulberry

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 1:05 pm
If she can afford a decent plan, she should not go in the Marketplace. It's expensive Jersey care . High deductible, high copay, limited low quality doctors in general. I'm very unhappy with it but earn too much for Jersey care ( which at least would be free) and can't afford a good plan.
What she said about her work plan doesn't make sense. It maybe that only she is covered, not her husband.

Amarante

Post Mon, May 27 2024, 4:08 pm
amother Mulberry wrote:
If she can afford a decent plan, she should not go in the Marketplace. It's expensive Jersey care . High deductible, high copay, limited low quality doctors in general. I'm very unhappy with it but earn too much for Jersey care ( which at least would be free) and can't afford a good plan.
What she said about her work plan doesn't make sense. It maybe that only she is covered, not her husband.

You can’t get Medicaid if your employer offers affordable health insurance which is defined as no more than 8.38% of your income. Jersey Care is Medicaid.

OP needs to find out what insurance her daughter is getting because what she posted makes no sense. Bad health insurance generally excludes pregnancy and does not cover only pregnancy. 🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries