Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Bridal gown info

CHANY115

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:52 pm
my sis in law is looking for a kallah gown, where can she go.
she tried goldy shick, bridal 2000, pessy blum, there is many others. which one did u have good things about them. also looking for a gown for the married sister of the bride, shes after a baby and therefore needs a size 12. off white, champagne color.
she is trying to avoid brodys-cause its a shlep to monsey.

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Aug 27 2008, 10:56 pm
I went to gittel, a seamstress on coney island ave. the dress was beautiful and simple. she doesn't have many, but they're really lovely.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 10:00 am
Did she try any gemachs?

octopus

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 12:25 pm
I bought my gown at Valentina's Bridal Salon. It is on New Utrecht Avenue, a block away from ateres shlomo.

I spent less on my gown (which was made to fit me) then what people, generally, pay to rent a gown.

(crown, gown, petty coats- I spent in total $1000). She has very pricey gowns and cheaper gowns. I don't know how long the engagement is. The stuff you try on is not tznius- you get an idea on how the waist fits you. If the engagement is long, then she builds it up in the factory to your tznius specifications. But that could take like 3 months at least. If not, you can get a gown that is in the store, and they build it up for you there.

If you do decide to go there, I would recommend only going when Valentina is there. She has a really good eye for what looks good and what does not. Call up to find when she is there.

She has non-brides gowns too. Building it up is the same story.

I loved my wedding gown! It looked gorgeous on me. Fit me like a glove. You don't always get that from renting....so what if it wasn't name brand!

Valentina does have a frum clientele, so she is not foreign to tznius specifications..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries