Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Sheitel help ... Want shoulder length but round face

amother
OP

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:21 pm
I recently cut one of my wigs so now its about 4/5 inches past my shoulder. I really want to get one thats like an inch longer than shoulder length, but I have a super round face.

Everyone tells me not to go shorter because it will look bad, but I see all of these chassidish women with short sheitels, and they're all different shapes and sizes and their sheitels are GORGEOUS. I don't think I've ever seen an ugly sheitel on a chassidish lady.

Any suggestions? I want a short wig! Also, how do I style it? what type of curl do I ask the sheitel macher for?

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 1:28 pm
If you're afraid to cut your wig short, you can order a cheap $20 synthetic wig on Amazon just to see what a short wig would do for your face.

But if you're convinced you want to go short and don't need to see it on yourself beforehand, go for it!

Over time I gained weight and my face is chubbier than it used to be. I got a short wig (about shoulder length) and get so many compliments. It looks so cute and young. And it's much easier to wear in the summer heat!! I love it!

My sheitel macher styles it in what I believe is called beach waves or air dried look.

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 2:48 pm
Me too! I have a very round face and I really want a shorter wig but everyone including my shaitel macher said I can't pull it off.
I hate the long for daily wear, it's all up in my space.

amother
Begonia

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:04 pm
I think sheitelmachers (some) are afraid that if they cut a wig short, and you hate it, you'll blame them.

My sheitel macher kept telling me not to cut my wig. Until I finally put my foot down and said enough! I want a short wig, I will not blame you even if I look horrible in it.

She cut it, and then said - I'm sorry, I should have done this ages ago, it really looks good on you. Don't let your sheitelmacher convince you to stay with long if you're really set on short.

amother
Maple

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:10 pm
That’s really funny, cuz I have a real round face and my shoulder length and above shoulder length wigs suit me much more, makes me look younger and slims my face, I ended up cutting all my wigs shoulder length cuz the longer ones only made my face look bigger

amother
Anemone

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:19 pm
I don’t have a round face, but I get nonstop compliments for my length. About N inch past my shoulders like you mentioned.

Chani Kramer did mine. If you live near her I recommend.

It’s so spiffy. Each wig that length looks unique, unlike the long wigs.

amother
Petunia

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:21 pm
Isn't it less about the overall length and more about the cut - like layering it to frame your face?

amother
Hosta

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:44 pm
I wish there were stores to try on cut shaitels so I can decide for myself how I look.
It is true that you can't uncut a short shaitel but my shaitel macher has cut a bob and short shaitels for me when I was much thinner and had a smaller face. No reason for me to think she's just scared to cut.

amother
Dimgray

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 3:56 pm
Seems to me larger women look better with longer wig. its porportional, and distribute beauty over longer length. easy to carry in the summer? prob not. pretty? yes, this is about heavy ladies, not about round face.

amother
Trillium

Post Wed, May 29 2024, 4:10 pm
I have a short wig that is just about at shoulder length, and it is curly with a lot of body. It looks very cute and I get tons of compliments! It has a lot of layering, as well.

amother
OP

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 4:12 pm
thanks everyone! going to try one tomorrow.

amother
Currant

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 4:21 pm
I would love to try shorter wigs. Also straight wigs with bangs. My shaitel places never have ones like that to try on. Where in Brooklyn can I try?

applepie

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:08 pm
Maybe chin length would be an issue. But shoulder length should work. It’s more about framing the face and once your past shoulder doesn’t matter

happy7

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 5:15 pm
it’s about the cut and style, not the length.
I have a round face and short shaitel. it’s fine.

amother
Ghostwhite

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 6:39 pm
If you're local to the lakewood/ toms river area, you can try the shoulder length shop by Sary. I just got a shorter length wig there. The wigs come already somewhat short so you can see. They were also so nice and not pushy

amother
DarkMagenta

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 7:10 pm
amother OP wrote:
thanks everyone! going to try one tomorrow.

I’m a SM, I think round faces can look great in shoulder length or just past the shoulder. I find that shorter lengths can sometimes look more mature but color can make all the difference so maybe consider some fun/funk HL .. also the crimper (3 wand) gives a youthful summery look., good luck!!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels