Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Can I use pesach imitation vinegar in cucumber salad? taste?



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:28 pm
Can I use pesach vinegar (It says Imitation Vinegar) in a cucumber salad? will it taste the same?
I'm out of vinegar and have some pesach vinegar left over.

I could just hold off on adding the vinegar till I get to the store tomorrow, so it's not a desperate situation, but if it's mamash the same thing, I would use the pesach one now.

(And what exactly is imitation vinegar anyway??)
Back to top

amother
Snow


 

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:33 pm
Yeah, same thing
Back to top

amother
Orchid


 

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:45 pm
I don't like it, never buy it. I use lemon and red wine vinegar on pesach.
Back to top

smileyface123




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, May 30 2024, 10:56 pm
You definitely can. It will taste good. I’m still using mine from pesach in place of regular vinegar… no one can tell the difference
Back to top

amother
Royalblue


 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 6:10 am
Yes totally fine.
Back to top

zaq




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 10:59 am
Imitation vinegar is chemically identical to distilled white vinegar: acetic acid diluted to about 5 percent acidity. It's just produced chemically instead of through fermentation and distillation, the same way ethanol is produced synthetically and vodka is produced by fermentation and distillation.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 11:12 am
zaq wrote:
Imitation vinegar is chemically identical to distilled white vinegar: acetic acid diluted to about 5 percent acidity. It's just produced chemically instead of through fermentation and distillation, the same way ethanol is produced synthetically and vodka is produced by fermentation and distillation.


Interesting. So it's more unhealthy?
Back to top

zaq




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 11:21 am
amother OP wrote:
Interesting. So it's more unhealthy?
Nope. It's identical.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 11:22 am
zaq wrote:
Nope. It's identical.


Thanks! How in the world do you know all this info lol?
Back to top

zaq




 
 
    
 

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 5:19 pm
I read. A LOT.
I also did all sorts of odd jobs when I was a student, and then worked for many years at a job that took me to many industries the average person never sees. Partly out of necessity and partly out of curiosity, I asked lots of questions about the work.
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 3:40 pm
zaq wrote:
I read. A LOT.
I also did all sorts of odd jobs when I was a student, and then worked for many years at a job that took me to many industries the average person never sees. Partly out of necessity and partly out of curiosity, I asked lots of questions about the work.


I love that, you're my type of gal! I always ask questions and love learning new things!
Back to top

zaq




 
 
    
 

Post Sun, Jun 02 2024, 3:45 pm
amother OP wrote:
I love that, you're my type of gal! I always ask questions and love learning new things!


And people like talking about their work, so it's a nice icebreaker without getting overly personal.
Back to top
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Silk/imitation silk tichlech for shpitzel 1 Thu, Jul 11 2024, 11:10 am View last post
Best simple salad dressing recipes
by fitmom
2 Tue, Jul 09 2024, 4:37 pm View last post
Time sensitive: Need recipe for Halloumi Salad DRESSING
by amother
0 Mon, Jul 08 2024, 1:29 pm View last post
Sweet Potato Honey Mustard Salad with Walnuts 0 Tue, Jul 02 2024, 10:05 am View last post
Chaim pesach Ben henya leah 6 Tue, Jun 18 2024, 10:08 am View last post