Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why do jewish stores have bad customer service?
Previous  1  2

amother
Heather

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 4:17 pm
I once had a really unpleasant experience in a frum clothing store. I was standing at the rack holding a dress that I planned to try on because I really liked it. The owner of the store walked right up to me and without a smile or greeting, she grabbed the dress out of my hand and said "Oopsies, I was saving that dress for Mrs. So and So." I was horrified and humiliated.
Needless to say, I decided not to continue shopping at that store afterwards.

To be dan likaf zechus, I think it comes out of a sort of heimishness, that she feels comfortable enough with her frum customers to do something like that. The feeling was not mutual, however.

Genius

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 4:44 pm
amother Heather wrote:
I once had a really unpleasant experience in a frum clothing store. I was standing at the rack holding a dress that I planned to try on because I really liked it. The owner of the store walked right up to me and without a smile or greeting, she grabbed the dress out of my hand and said "Oopsies, I was saving that dress for Mrs. So and So." I was horrified and humiliated.
Needless to say, I decided not to continue shopping at that store afterwards.

To be dan likaf zechus, I think it comes out of a sort of heimishness, that she feels comfortable enough with her frum customers to do something like that. The feeling was not mutual, however.

There’s a store where I can totally see it happen. I don’t step in there. But there are so many where it wouldn’t and I’ve had wonderful experiences.

amother
Viola

Post Fri, May 31 2024, 5:18 pm
I’ve only had fantastic experiences at the Jewish stores I’ve shopped at. Shout out to ava lea and linear collection.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics