Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Toddlers
Sippy Cups

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 2:19 pm
I am looking for a sippy cup with a soft spout that is at least 9 ounces.

Anything but NUBY

THanks

HAPPYMOMMY

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 3:18 pm
I don't have an answer to your question since my kids never drank from sippy kids. But I am curious as to why you specifically don't want Nuby? I've seen them around and they look OK.

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 7:55 pm
Everyone that I speak to who bought the nuby said that after the first or second use it was in the garbage Confused

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:31 pm
Pineapple wrote:
Everyone that I speak to who bought the nuby said that after the first or second use it was in the garbage Confused

Really?? I LOVE my Nuby sippy cups!!

Pineapple

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:33 pm
Do they have soft spout only? mayble I'll try it

I need somthing like the gerber and playtex stage one but bigger and preferably without the handles

chaylizi

Post Thu, Aug 28 2008, 8:34 pm
there are playtex sippies without handles- but they are hard spouts. maybe a straw cup. a couple of people on here said they started their kids with straw cups.

catonmylap

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 3:52 am
I tried a lot of cups. The first one we had any success with was a Tulip with the soft spout. But my ds kept biting the spout so it didn't last very long.

At 15 months I randomly tried a straw sippy cup(the Israeli Life brand) and he figured it right away, and that is the only cup we use right now. There's some bite damage on the spout on one of the cups now, but it's still usable. When he bit the soft spout they started leaking everywhere. I recommend trying a straw cups. He's also now able to drink yogurt from a straw so I buy the liquidy yogurts and they make a great snack for him.

Pineapple

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:54 am
I use straw cups sometimes the problem is when dd is in the mood of having fun with it she drinks and then spits it all out! I dont want that happening when I'm outside with them.

BeershevaBubby

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:02 am
I use the Avent sippy cup and I'm happy with it. We also use the NUBY straw cup and I love it.

PinkandYellow

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 4:19 pm
I love playtex. I tried two other types but they eventually start to leak. playtex coems in big sizes without handles, never ever leaks, and doesn't have a soft mouth but I never found that to be an issue.
if you buy a straw sippy make sure your kids know how to use a straw, my straw sippy turned into a toy cuz my son never figured out how to use it.

shayna82

Post Wed, Sep 10 2008, 12:30 pm
I have to say, that after three kids and countless different brands of sippy cups, my nubbys are by far the best cups, as far as dripping and leaking and cleaning. sorry I cant recommend a different brand,maybe try it yourself despite what people tell you!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics