Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Dinner that can be prepped in advance

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 6:51 am
I'm picking up one child at 2:30 and then I will be out of the house most of the time until dinner. my husband is home working so I could probably ask him to put in or take out something ... he's made pasta in the past for me a different night....
I don't see any chicken on the bone in my freezer. I see chicken cutlets and turkey breast... would still need to defrost them. does anyone have any ideas of things that I can either put up before hand or at least prep and ask my husband to put in.
technically could be dairy as well if you have dairy ideas..

amother
DarkYellow

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 6:54 am
Take our the cutlets. Cube them and coat with egg/ breadcrumbs while frozen. Put them on a tray and stick in the fridge. They'll be defrosted by dinner. Have your husband bake for 35 min and make rice/pasta/couscous for a side.

amother
Azure

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 7:11 am
amother DarkYellow wrote:
Take our the cutlets. Cube them and coat with egg/ breadcrumbs while frozen. Put them on a tray and stick in the fridge. They'll be defrosted by dinner. Have your husband bake for 35 min and make rice/pasta/couscous for a side.
Yum, I'll have to try this!

sara1232

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 7:14 am
amother OP wrote:
I'm picking up one child at 2:30 and then I will be out of the house most of the time until dinner. my husband is home working so I could probably ask him to put in or take out something ... he's made pasta in the past for me a different night....
I don't see any chicken on the bone in my freezer. I see chicken cutlets and turkey breast... would still need to defrost them. does anyone have any ideas of things that I can either put up before hand or at least prep and ask my husband to put in.
technically could be dairy as well if you have dairy ideas..

Do you have a crock pot?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 10:01 am
sara1232 wrote:
Do you have a crock pot?

yes.
is it too late to use it or because it's cutlets it doesn't need long

ra_mom

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 10:23 am
You can put up no boil baked ziti now. Will take a few minutes to mix it up in the pan now. And it can bake for 1.5 hours while you're out of the house.
https://betweencarpools.com/th.....-pot/
Best eaten fresh because it becomes very soft/mushes together.

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 03 2024, 10:29 am
Sheet pan dinners are really good for this. You can assemble the whole baking sheet and keep it wrapped in your fridge until your ready to make.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen