Home
Log in / Sign Up
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
What's the going hourly rate to rent a small pool 3x a week?
1  2  Next



Post new topic   Reply to topic View latest: 24h 48h 72h

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 7:58 pm
what's the going hourly rate to rent a pool 3x a week?
Small in ground pool, 10 person capacity.
Back to top

UQT




 
 
    
 

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 9:36 pm
What area in Lakewood ? Heated?
Back to top

amother
Powderblue


 

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 9:37 pm
for how long?
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Tue, Jun 04 2024, 10:44 pm
For an hour
Back to top

amother
Alyssum


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 5:11 am
It depends on which area and the owner. Between 35 and 100 per hour
Back to top

amother
Burntblack


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 5:24 am
Ranges from $75/hr up to $250/hr
Back to top

UQT




 
 
    
 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 7:49 am
I would say $45-60 weekdays, $65-85 weekends.
Back to top

amother
Mayflower


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 8:06 am
amother Burntblack wrote:
Ranges from $75/hr up to $250/hr



$250?????!!!!!!!!!
Back to top

amother
Burntblack


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 7:19 pm
amother Mayflower wrote:
$250?????!!!!!!!!!

Yes!!!
My pool rents on average for $125/hr.
Sometimes half of that and sometimes $250
It all depends on demand.
How nice pool is, amenities, weather, day, time, amount of people, nouse etc etc etc
Back to top

amother
Ruby


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 7:23 pm
amother Burntblack wrote:
Yes!!!
My pool rents on average for $125/hr.
Sometimes half of that and sometimes $250
It all depends on demand.
How nice pool is, amenities, weather, day, time, amount of people, nouse etc etc etc


So if a person asks you how much you charge without saying when they're planning rent it, what do you answer? If you say 125 then they think it's always that amount. No?
Back to top

amother
Burntblack


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 7:32 pm
amother Ruby wrote:
So if a person asks you how much you charge without saying when they're planning rent it, what do you answer? If you say 125 then they think it's always that amount. No?

I ask them for specifics like
Day, time, amount of people etc
Back to top

amother
Lightpink


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 7:39 pm
Hmm I have a beautiful pool in Jackson and it never occurred to me to rent it out. Now I’m seeing these prices I’m thinkingi could make some extra money this summer
Back to top

amother
Alyssum


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:14 pm
$250 is piggish. Sorry.
Back to top

amother
Tanzanite


 

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 11:41 pm
Swimply.com

Discount code

SWIM30
Back to top

amother
Anemone


 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 9:25 am
As a PSA, keep in mind that if you are renting your pool you should check with your insurance company because a standard homeowner's policy would not cover you.
Back to top

amother
Sand


 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 12:40 pm
Just saying a pool is a lot of work to take care of and a huge expense!!
It can easily be $2500/summer. Cleaning, chemicals, running the filter...
Back to top

amother
OP


 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:01 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Just saying a pool is a lot of work to take care of and a huge expense!!
It can easily be $2500/summer. Cleaning, chemicals, running the filter...


Presumably you have a pool because you wanted it, and presumably you are getting the main benefit from it.

If you choose to rent it out to make some extra money to put towards those expenses, that's fine. But you can't overcharge because you have expenses. It doesn't work that way. You still have to charge a fair price based on the going rate.
Back to top

amother
Anemone


 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 2:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
Presumably you have a pool because you wanted it, and presumably you are getting the main benefit from it.

If you choose to rent it out to make some extra money to put towards those expenses, that's fine. But you can't overcharge because you have expenses. It doesn't work that way. You still have to charge a fair price based on the going rate.


Someone is free to charge whatever they want.

The issue is whether anyone will rent it if the price is too high. Fairness is irrelevant.

Some people don’t really need or want the money and therefore won’t rent it unless they get a high enough amount to make it worth it.
Back to top

ahuvasrob




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 6:15 pm
amother Anemone wrote:
As a PSA, keep in mind that if you are renting your pool you should check with your insurance company because a standard homeowner's policy would not cover you.

True. That's why it's recommended not to "rent" rather have them "contribute" towards cost of maintaining pool Smile
Back to top

ahuvasrob




 
 
    
 

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 6:17 pm
amother Sand wrote:
Just saying a pool is a lot of work to take care of and a huge expense!!
It can easily be $2500/summer. Cleaning, chemicals, running the filter...

It can be way way more! ! !
Heating alone can be way more than that for full season especially if you open early and close late (gas is super expensive).
Then theres basic maintenance, chemical, cleaning etc
Then things break. It can be thousands upon thousands to fix and replace things


Last edited by ahuvasrob on Thu, Jun 06 2024, 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics




Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries

Related Topics Replies Last Post
Looking to rent bungalow for shabbos nachamu
by amother
0 Yesterday at 8:03 pm View last post
Going rate for Mother’s helper, Brooklyn
by amother
1 Wed, Jul 17 2024, 10:17 am View last post
Rent Program - Covid
by amother
2 Wed, Jul 17 2024, 12:45 am View last post
Going rate?
by amother
1 Mon, Jul 15 2024, 10:24 pm View last post
Enhanced rate setss services
by amother
5 Mon, Jul 15 2024, 4:57 pm View last post