Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel macher won’t give hourly or total price

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:38 pm
She won’t give an hourly rate up front or an estimate of hours it will take. She also won’t give me a flat fee. Is it me or is it not trustworthy?

amothertrying

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:44 pm
Ask her within what range of prices would it be. What’s the lowest and highest bc you just want to know what ballpark it would be in.
If she can’t give you that, don’t use her.

dena613

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:45 pm
For what?

Usually sheitel work has flat prices.
Prices for cuts, recuts, bangs, wash and sets, adding hair, dying, wedding updos...

The only think I can think of is if she's outsourcing the work, like sending it to someone else to add hair (there are lots of sheitel machers who outsource for specific work) and the person being outsourced to doesn't have set rate s.

But even then she should give you a range. Like this will cost somewhere between 150-250..

amother
Tan

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:46 pm
Very strange there are set rates for each thing. Or at least an estimate. I wouldn’t trust her.

amother
Darkblue

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 10:55 pm
How does that make any sense? She’s just going to pull a number out of the hat and expect you to pay that amount?

mom_13

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 11:26 pm
amother OP wrote:
She won’t give an hourly rate up front or an estimate of hours it will take. She also won’t give me a flat fee. Is it me or is it not trustworthy?

OP, you did not say what she isn't giving a flat/hourly rate for. Is it to fill in baby hairs? Dye the front pieces of a lace front/top in a specific way? Wig repairs such as extensions? What service exactly are you trying to get a quote for? Knowing this info is crucial to being able to assess whether or not this sm can be trusted. Mine has a flat rate for most things but some repairs have an estimated rate where the final price is dependent on how long the repair ended up taking, which makes sense.

amother
Alyssum

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 3:04 am
mom_13 wrote:
OP, you did not say what she isn't giving a flat/hourly rate for. Is it to fill in baby hairs? Dye the front pieces of a lace front/top in a specific way? Wig repairs such as extensions? What service exactly are you trying to get a quote for? Knowing this info is crucial to being able to assess whether or not this sm can be trusted. Mine has a flat rate for most things but some repairs have an estimated rate where the final price is dependent on how long the repair ended up taking, which makes sense.

But the SM isn't giving her a flat rate OR an hourly rate!!

amother
Starflower

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:57 pm
mom_13 wrote:

Even then I feel like you get a price..For instance..filling in a lace extension is a very timely job. a half an inch will take much less time to fill in then let's say 2 inches. MY SM charges by the measurements, never by the time. I don't think time would be fair..some people they work fast and some slow.

zaq

Post Fri, Jun 07 2024, 11:05 am
I would look elsewhere. She may not be able to give you an exact price but anyone who knows what she's doing should be able to give you an estimate.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels