Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Did your baby sleep better in their own room?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 8:14 pm
BH baby has outgrown the bassinet in our bedroom and am about to build the crib. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and the second bedroom is used as my husbands office. I’ve been hearing that babies sleep much better in their own room. Have you found this to be the case?

For context my baby is 7mo and exclusively breastfed. Also wondering if putting the crib in the other room is just gonna result in me having to shlep back and forth in the middle of be night as he is still waking a few times.

Trying to figure out where to build the crib. Definitely not ideal to move my husbands office…not even sure how. But also would love for baby to sleep better if possible.

amother
Aubergine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 8:20 pm
amother OP wrote:
BH baby has outgrown the bassinet in our bedroom and am about to build the crib. We live in a 2 bedroom apartment and the second bedroom is used as my husbands office. I’ve been hearing that babies sleep much better in their own room. Have you found this to be the case?

For context my baby is 7mo and exclusively breastfed. Also wondering if putting the crib in the other room is just gonna result in me having to shlep back and forth in the middle of be night as he is still waking a few times.

Trying to figure out where to build the crib. Definitely not ideal to move my husbands office…not even sure how. But also would love for baby to sleep better if possible.

I did yes but mainly because she would wake up every time we came into the room. Now she has her own room and the quiet helps her sleep better. I don’t sleep train so for a while she was still waking every two hours and it was very hard to go to another room to rock her back to sleep but it was worth it because bh after about a month she only wakes up about once or twice a night.

amother
Mimosa

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 8:26 pm
I think all my kids slept better after leaving my room. No matter if I put them out at 3 months or 10 months. I only put them out when they didn't eat in middle the night anymore and were just waking up to say hi

amother
Ultramarine

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 8:27 pm
As soon as I moved them out they slept long stretches.

giftedmom

Post Wed, Jun 05 2024, 9:10 pm
I move them as soon as they start waking up every time the mattress creaks. I can’t handle the pressure and stressing out every time dh shuts the door.
Around the age of two they stop waking up from every creak and eventually I can put them in with siblings.

amother
Obsidian

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 3:26 am
My baby was waking up every 3 hours to eat. Probably wasn't even hungry. As soon as we moved her up her own room (at 8 months) she started sleeping long stretches, maybe woke up once to eat. I should've done the move earlier.

amother
Tangerine

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 3:36 am
My breastfed baby wakes up every 2.5 hours during the night to eat. We moved her out at 5 months and it didn't help one bit. She's 7 months now.
But at least my husband sleeps better now.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:48 pm
Thanks everyone. Going to rearrange the apartment a little and try with him in the other room b’zH
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics