Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Why are diaper bag soooo expensive? I want this one!
1  2  Next

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:34 am
I need it, I need it, I need it.

http://www.ju-ju-be.com/beall.html

And yet I can't justify spending 100+ on a diaper bag when they make $40 ones (albeit in less appealing fabrics).

pinkbubbles

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:39 am
Oohh.. I wouldn't mind the drip drops one!

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:50 am
Yes I like that and lotus lullaby [sigh]

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:56 am
The thing about these bags is what if you're wearing a skirt with florals or some other totally clashing pattern? Seems impractical

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 3:00 am
amother wrote:
The thing about these bags is what if you're wearing a skirt with florals or some other totally clashing pattern? Seems impractical

not for me! It's usually on the stroller anyway and I tend to wear denim and black or black and black or brown and brown so my bag is the only flashy thing about me.

pinkbubbles

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 3:06 am
Yeah, I wouldn't treat it as a handbag, and think how it must match. It would just add to the stress of getting dressed.

pacifier

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 7:18 am
for this price, better buy a nice, large leather handbag on sale.....

shopaholic

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:06 am
They really are nice, but I also wouldn't be able to justify spending $100 on a diaper bag. maybe for my first baby when I'm planning on having more kids down the line to get more use out of it.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:14 am
http://www.mamaspeaks.com/revi......html
you can try to win a similar one...

redhot

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:22 am
marshalls and tj maxx are selling gorgeous petunia pickle bottom diaper bags. THey have one or 2 per store so run and get one! They are selling for $50.00 and retail normally for over 100 (like 160 I think)!

amother

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 9:57 am
redhot wrote:
marshalls and tj maxx are selling gorgeous petunia pickle bottom diaper bags. THey have one or 2 per store so run and get one! They are selling for $50.00 and retail normally for over 100 (like 160 I think)!

Or you can just buy one for the same price from the comfort of your home on ebay.

Tehilla

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:05 am
I got a super cool messenger bag at Target for $17 that doubles as a purse, and kid/baby diaper bag. everyone compliments me on it. and it carries well, lots of pockets.

Tamiri

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:05 am
I can't relate. I thought my $12 bargain Lands End backpack diaper bag, bought on sale at their outlet (I had to remove someone's initials but other than that it was perfect) was the best thing since... babies. Took us through 2 babies, too! And now, it can be used as a back pack. Neutral bordeaux color.

Tehilla

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:06 am
I see you relate to my way of thinking here Tamiri. Wink

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:28 am
I need I need I want I want.

Mimisinger

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 10:33 am
cute, but it doesn't even come with a changing pad? Also what about the fabric on the outside. Is it wipeable?

Very cute fabrics though.

Twizzlers

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 11:50 am
I cant justify PURCHASING a diaper bag when our hospital gives them out for free!!

(can you tell im a cheapskate?) embarrassed

yo'ma

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 11:54 am
Twizzlers wrote:
I cant justify PURCHASING a diaper bag when our hospital gives them out for free!!

I feel the same, but from my experience they don't last too long. The one I use now a friend won it for me at a chinese auction. She put a ticket in having me in mind. Isn't that sweet?

ShakleeMom

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 12:08 pm
Twizzlers wrote:

same here. And they are perfect until baby gets out of diapers.

Teacup9

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 12:21 pm
I don't use the hospital one 'cause I hate looking like a Similac ad. Also it doesn't fit all my stuff or have a special "mama pocket" that I didn't realize how much I need until I saw the Ju Ju Be one.

I wish I liked Petunia Pickle Bottom, but they just aren't my style. I know people love them though. What I really like about this bag is that it zippers, but isn't a back pack.

It does come with a matching changing pad and the material on the bag is some patented teflon like material that wipes clean. They also have lots of compartments to keep organized and use magnets where other bags use velcro. I hate velcro 'cause it is noisy and sticks to sweaters.

Le sigh
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics