Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I wish I could get jewelry for yuntif
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:23 pm
I just took DD to get her something nice because she had a gift card to the store from her BAs mitzvah. I took her once before pesach and now again before Shavuos (she had a lot to use up). Not a single mention from DH that I should get myself something. But it’s not like we have the money for it anyways. Oh well. Just makes me sad I work so hard and I host I don’t get a break. Wish I could get something too.

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:24 pm
Why wait for him to tell you? Why don't you buy something for yourself? Or discuss it with him that you really want something. Also there is so much cheap gorgeous costume jewelry out there maybe you can get something like that.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:26 pm
amother DarkPurple wrote:
Why wait for him to tell you? Why don't you buy something for yourself? Or discuss it with him that you really want something. Also there is so much cheap gorgeous costume jewelry out there maybe you can get something like that.

Ya this is costume. I mean sterling silver (like not real stuff). But we don’t have an extra penny. I can’t ask for jewelry.
I tried looking on Ali express but it’s always hit or miss, often doesn’t look like it does in the picture.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:27 pm
Also I want him to tell me because I want to feel acknowledged and that he thinks im important enough to spend money on and that he remembers about getting me something nice.

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:30 pm
Whats your taste? I was going to start a costume (silver jewelry) business a few years ago but then didn't and have brand new jewelry that I would love to mail you a piece for free (not sure where you live and if if would get there before yom tov) If you are interested you can PM me.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:30 pm
amother OP wrote:
Also I want him to tell me because I want to feel acknowledged and that he thinks im important enough to spend money on and that he remembers about getting me something nice.

me too OP.
I have been saving money here and there in an envelope. $10 here, $5 here...when I hit $2000 I am buying myself something real. It will take time but its something to look forward to.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:31 pm
I have gotten very nice stuff from aliexpress OP

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:32 pm
amother DarkOrange wrote:
I have gotten very nice stuff from aliexpress OP

Can you post links? I’m a huge Ali shopper but I don’t have the best luck with jewelry there

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:33 pm
amother OP wrote:

I hear that but some guys aren't like that so don't deprive yourself of something you want because your dh isn't telling you to buy it. I would have gotten zero pieces of new jewelry in my many years of marriage if I was waiting for dh to tell me to buy myself something. What I do is buy myself presents when I want them. If it's a pricey peice of jewelry I will tell/ask him first.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:33 pm
me too OP.
I have been saving money here and there in an envelope. $10 here, $5 here...when I hit $2000 I am buying myself something real. It will take time but its something to look forward to.

I’ve also been saving (I sell sourdough, put all cash aside)- to pay off my dentist so I can go back and get more work done lol.
But really I’m hoping it can be for a Sheitel, if the dentist gets paid before then

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:34 pm
I hear that but some guys aren't like that so don't deprive yourself of something you want because your dh isn't telling you to buy it. I would have gotten zero pieces of new jewelry in my many years of marriage if I was waiting for dh to tell me to buy myself something. What I do is buy myself presents when I want them. If it's a pricey peice of jewelry I will tell/ask him first.

Ok but that’s not the point. I’m totally fine with the one pair of earrings I have. It would just be so nice if DH remembered to do something nice for me before yuntif.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:35 pm
justmarried:) wrote:
Whats your taste? I was going to start a costume (silver jewelry) business a few years ago but then didn't and have brand new jewelry that I would love to mail you a piece for free (not sure where you live and if if would get there before yom tov) If you are interested you can PM me.

I’m not really sure what my taste is. I hardly ever buy

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:35 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’ve also been saving (I sell sourdough, put all cash aside)- to pay off my dentist so I can go back and get more work done lol.
But really I’m hoping it can be for a Sheitel, if the dentist gets paid before then

oh yum! I wish I knew how to make sourdough. mine never comes out with the nice fluffy air bubbles.
where do you live? I just saw a sheital lace front sale for $400

justmarried:)

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:36 pm
amother OP wrote:
I’m not really sure what my taste is. I hardly ever buy

I can send you some pics

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:38 pm
oh yum! I wish I knew how to make sourdough. mine never comes out with the nice fluffy air bubbles.
where do you live? I just saw a sheital lace front sale for $400

I don’t want to out myself but somewhere Midwest in the US.

If you live near me I’d love to teach you how to bake Wink

$400??? Wow! I think im at about $180 so I’ve got a ways to go (most people Zelle me and that just goes to regular bills), but that’s a great price

amother
DarkPurple

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:39 pm
amother OP wrote:
Ok but that’s not the point. I’m totally fine with the one pair of earrings I have. It would just be so nice if DH remembered to do something nice for me before yuntif.

But if he isn't going to at least you can do something nice for yourself. That's how I look at it. No point in wishing for something that's not gonna happen and getting disappointed over it.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:40 pm
But if he isn't going to at least you can do something nice for yourself. That's how I look at it. No point in wishing for something that's not gonna happen and getting disappointed over it.

But I can’t anyways because we can’t pay for it.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:43 pm
amother OP wrote:
I don’t want to out myself but somewhere Midwest in the US.

If you live near me I’d love to teach you how to bake Wink

$400??? Wow! I think im at about $180 so I’ve got a ways to go (most people Zelle me and that just goes to regular bills), but that’s a great price

Ah, ok. I only asked since this sale was in Monsey.
Iyh you'll get there. My aunt bought a lace top gorgeous sheital from ebm wigs via whatsapp. Think she paid $900. Keep saving a bit each time you sell a loaf and soon youll be able to get a new sheital iyh. Maybe make a separate account titled "pampering" or "gifts" and as soon as you get zelled maybe put in $4 or something so it doesnt go straight to bills

amother
OP

Post Thu, Jun 06 2024, 7:44 pm
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256803599920294.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.pcOrderListRecommend.4.753b1802Z9qlXw&gps-id=pcOrderListRecommend&scm=1007.38956.373968.0&scm_id=1007.38956.373968.0&scm-url=1007.38956.373968.0&pvid=bfac9ccd-66cf-4864-8550-ddf10701b3ea&_t=gps-id:pcOrderListRecommend,scm-url:1007.38956.373968.0,pvid:bfac9ccd-66cf-4864-8550-ddf10701b3ea,tpp_buckets:668%232846%238109%231935&pdp_npi=4%40dis%21USD%212.89%212.72%21%21%212.89%212.72%21%402103244617177278260468894e00b3%2112000027162872775%21rec%21US%21765743401%21&utparam-url=scene%3ApcOrderListRecommend%7Cquery_from%3A

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....o2usa

https://www.aliexpress.us/item.....om%3A

Gorgeous stuff thanks.

I actually had #6 in my cart already!!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics