Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Lunch for boating trip?

lamplighter

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:35 pm
Labor day My DH will be joining his not frum relatives for a day out on the boat. The offered to pick up food for all from this "kosher" place that turns out not to be very kosher at all so I'm making the food. I think it will be supplemented by not kosher things their bringing too. It's for adults only, about 7 people, any suggestions for lunch?
TIA

Pickle Lady

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 2:59 pm
When I was a kid it was my moms job to make the food for fishing trips. She usually designed it to be make you own sandwiches(deli meats and bread) and with some salads. Also she would bring chips and fruit. Fishing is really boring and only gets excited when they catch a fish, so they will be most likely munching alot. Also many times they bring alcohol like beers.

greenfire

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 5:11 pm
dramamine Puke Wink

cold cuts, rye bread, potatoe salad, pasta salad, beer, root beer, lots of ice, lots of chips & dips I.e. guacomole & more guacamole and apple pie or chocolate chip cookies for dessert ...

l'chaim Drunken Smile have FUN !!!

red sea

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 6:55 pm
greenfire wrote:
dramamine Puke Wink

LOL what kind of boat?

Chocoholic

Post Fri, Aug 29 2008, 7:00 pm
It's with men only? Then don't send too fancy things. More "man food" type of thingies.

lamplighter

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 1:16 am
its 3 men and their wives and one adult daughter.
I haven't been on the boat ever, its a small yacht.
oh also small issue, we have to go some where in the morn first b4 we head out so the stuff cant be major perishable.

Fabulous

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 1:21 am
Bring a cooler with icepacks to keep the things like cole slaw and pasta salad fresh. I would go with traditional picnic style: Cold fried chicken, cole slaw, pasta salad, potato salad, chips, cookies etc.. Have a great time, so jealous, dh gotta work on labor day. Oh well, I'll have a chance to catch up on all my shopping errands.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics