Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries
Please can we discuss the weather
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:25 am
Itโ€™s so cold!!! Will the summer still come? This is winter weather.

English3

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:26 am
Sure I love talking about the weather. Where do you live?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 3:29 am
In London.

English3

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:01 am
It is so hard. My kids have only short sleeve shabbos tops I dont know what to do about Yom Tov.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:11 am
Itโ€™s rained and the sun is shining itโ€™s hot now ๐Ÿคฃ later we might be back to winter weather again though

#Happymom

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:15 am
Its really been cold in Gateshead!! And it's mid June already ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ I hope we'll get some nice weather soon

(Btw in response to a poster up thread, I bought my girls cute cardigans to wear over their short sleeve shabbos dresses)

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:23 am
Letโ€™s share, I give you half the heat we have here in Israel and you send us half of the fresh air ๐Ÿ˜‹

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:11 am
amother Slategray wrote:
Letโ€™s share, I give you half the heat we have here in Israel and you send us half of the fresh air ๐Ÿ˜‹

Deal done!

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:21 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Omg please!!

I've been walking around with a coat on all day even indoors because it's so cold. I switched over all the cupboards yesterday because who wears winter clothes past shavuos????

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:25 am
English3 wrote:
It is so hard. My kids have only short sleeve shabbos tops I dont know what to do about Yom Tov.

What happened to long sleeved garments?

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:27 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Omg please!!

I've been walking around with a coat on all day even indoors because it's so cold. I switched over all the cupboards yesterday because who wears winter clothes past shavuos????
You don't listen to the weather forecast? Speechless

amother
Amaryllis

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:31 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Ooooh yess!! I'm in on this deal. I just need a BREAK from this heat wave!!

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:31 am
I'll gladly send you some heat from Israel. Free of charge Smile
Now 29 degrees C.

amother
Indigo

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:20 am
It has been so cold! My kids were so cold after the bath and I was also freezing, DH was debating if to turn on the heating!
I wish the summer will already arrive, there is no warm weather in sight when I check the forecast Banging head

giftedmom

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:26 am
Thereโ€™s a reason marks n Spencer sells velour in April ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
In August youโ€™ll all be freaking out over the heat because you donโ€™t have a/c.

amother
Forestgreen

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:46 am
giftedmom wrote:
Thereโ€™s a reason marks n Spencer sells velour in April ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
In August youโ€™ll all be freaking out over the heat because you donโ€™t have a/c.

Most people now have ac. Personally I love the hot weather I hate hate feeling cold.

It comes to a point wear its ridiculous to be wearing winter clothes so we just end up looking ridiculous getting soaked summer clothes ina torrential thunderstorm! Did you all just see that?

amother
Grape

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:48 am
amother Slategray wrote:

Nah, we don't have fresh air to send. It's so heavy the air outside.
Still can't make up my mind what the better weather is though.

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:17 am
amother Forestgreen wrote:
Most people now have ac. Personally I love the hot weather I hate hate feeling cold.

It comes to a point wear its ridiculous to be wearing winter clothes so we just end up looking ridiculous getting soaked summer clothes ina torrential thunderstorm! Did you all just see that?

That was the craziest storm ever. Sunny one minute, then huge rain drops and then this unbelievable hailstorm/rain pouring down with thunder/lightning without a gap. Bh I was driving home already but oy vey those people unhinged in the streets with no coat. The roads turned into rivers for 20 minutes and then it was all gone, with blue sunny skies 30 minutes after it started. So surreal.

This is why we talk about the weather in London, it is insane!!

amother
Natural

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:51 am
Lol, I think there was a poll done of how often the british speak about the weather. I think over 70% had spoken about it in the past hour and 40% in the past 15 minutes.

Busybee5

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:12 pm
amother Slategray wrote:

Yeah, I still prefer the cold to extreme heat but this summer has been beyond ridiculous already! My air con has been on more on the heat setting than the cool so far!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> UK and Europe Related Inquiries