Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gezel Sheina
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:09 am
Are people really that stupid?
You don’t go ringing bells at 2:40 am.
I’m up from 2:40 am I couldn’t fall back asleep no matter how hard I tried.
People who live downstairs from me staring ringing the bell like crazy at 2:40 am and was was pounding down the door. They woke my up they woke DH up and woke up the kids.
Stealing someone’s sleep is something you can never give back. Let alone young family.
This is not the first time it happened. On other time it was at 4 am. (Those ppl apologized they wanted the upstairs neighbor)
Are people really lacking social skills?
I always knew you don’t ring peoples bells after 7-9pm Depending on how you young the families kids are and you certainly don’t call anyone after 9.
I’m so tired o don’t know how I’m going to go thru the day.
I tried so hard to fall asleep but was just laying there with my eyes closed.
I don’t function well if I don’t sleep at least 7-9 hours.

I am so fuming mad.

Basic social skills. YOU DON’T RING BELLS LIKE A CRAZED PERSON AT 2:40 AM.

And you certainly don’t break down the door.

They didn’t ring once or twice but three times. And the bell has three rings with each ring.

How will I manage to get thru today? I also had a huge headache that’s still there because I didn’t sleep well.
I am so angry.

End of rant.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:12 am
OMG. What was the purpose for contacting you af 2am?

the world's best mom

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:12 am
What did they want at that time of night? Maybe there was an emergency. Did you open the door to find out?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:13 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
OMG. What was the purpose for contacting you af 2am?

I have the same question. Bh my bell is one of those that you can unplug so we unplugged it and they were still pounding down the door. I didn’t answer but they gave up and went back down to their basement.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:13 am
the world's best mom wrote:
What did they want at that time of night? Maybe there was an emergency. Did you open the door to find out?

No I didn’t open the door. It was a couple and they wanted the girls in the basement.

teachkids

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:14 am
I would think that people only do that if there's a reason- I would have just opened the door to see what they need and unless it was life or death tell them they should wait for morning next time

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:15 am
amother OP wrote:
No I didn’t open the door. It was a couple and they wanted the girls in the basement.

What does this mean?

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:16 am
What if there was a fire or some other emergency? If someone rang your bell at that hour and pounded on the door you should've checked if everything is okay with them or with your house.

Last edited by NechaMom on Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

teachkids wrote:
I would think that people only do that if there's a reason- I would have just opened the door to see what they need and unless it was life or death tell them they should wait for morning next time

They wanted the girls in the basement. And for some reason rang our bell.
You can’t go to the basement from where I am and they can clearly see steps in the side for the basement.

amother
Crystal

amother OP wrote:

I don't understand. Multiple units share one doorbell?

amother
Geranium

I would assume a major emergency and have opened the door.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:17 am
NechaMom wrote:
What if there was a fire or some other emergency? If someone rang your bell at that hour and pounded on the door you should've checked if everything is okay with them or with your house.

I hear and smell everything from the basment everything was fine.
They wanted to go to the basement from my house which you can’t as it’s blocked off.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:18 am
amother Crystal wrote:
I don't understand. Multiple units share one doorbell?

No we have a bell with our name. The upstairs neighbors have a bell with their name.
The basement has a bell by the basement door.
People just don’t read when they ring bells.

amother
Seafoam

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:19 am
So this couple lives downstairs and got locked out from the basement?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:19 am
amother Geranium wrote:
I would assume a major emergency and have opened the door.

If there was a major emergency CV I’d hear them screaming and yelling and this couple was just stam shmoozing.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:20 am
amother Seafoam wrote:
So this couple lives downstairs and got locked out from the basement?

It seems like they came to visit their friends and got locked out.
Their friends have a master lock outside that hold the key.

NechaMom

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:22 am
amother OP wrote:
No we have a bell with our name. The upstairs neighbors have a bell with their name.
The basement has a bell by the basement door.
People just don’t read when they ring bells.

People usually do read bells at that hour. Sorry that you lost sleep. I would be very annoyed too. But I would definitely answer the door and see what they want.

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:23 am
amother OP wrote:
Are people really that stupid?
You don’t go ringing bells at 2:40 am.
I’m up from 2:40 am I couldn’t fall back asleep no matter how hard I tried.
People who live downstairs from me staring ringing the bell like crazy at 2:40 am and was was pounding down the door. They woke my up they woke DH up and woke up the kids.
Stealing someone’s sleep is something you can never give back. Let alone young family.
This is. It the first time it happened. On other time it was at 4 am.
Are people really lacking social skills?
I always knew you don’t ring peoples bells after 7-9pm Depending on how you young the families kids are and you certainly don’t call anyone after 9.
I’m so tired o don’t know how I’m going to go thru the day.
I tried so hard to fall asleep but was just laying there with my eyes closed.
I don’t function well if I don’t sleep at least 7-9 hours.

I am so fuming mad.

Basic social skills. YOU DON’T RING BELLS LIKE A CRAZED PERSON AT 2:40 AM.

And you certainly don’t break down the door.

They didn’t ring once or twice but three times. And the bell has three rings with each ring.

How will I manage to get thru today? I also had a huge headache that’s still there because I didn’t sleep well.
I am so angry.

End of rant.

In israel or abroad?

You need to speak to your neighbours about this, it's not acceptable by any standards.
I would have called the police.

Every place has it's culture. In BB it's not a problem to ring the door bell ( which is mostly broken) at 7pm (unless there's a note)
It's accepted to call until around 12 midnight if it's a family with a Kollel husband.

amother
Green

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:23 am
Op I first read your post and really felt bad for u. But then I continued reading and find it so strange u didnt answer the door. At that hour I would assume its an emergency. (I think most people would) and if it wasnt u would have every right to yell at the people. Minimally it would have made the banging stop much faster.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:25 am
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
In israel or abroad?

You need to speak to your neighbours about this, it's not acceptable by any standards.
I would have called the police.

Every place has it's culture. In BB it's not a problem to ring the door bell ( which is mostly broken) at 7pm (unless there's a note)
It's accepted to call until around 12 midnight if it's a family with a Kollel husband.

America. A bunch French people and the couple was French too.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette