Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Gezel Sheina
Previous  1  2  3  4

Bnei Berak 10

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:03 am
amother Cerulean wrote:
Don't get me started on this one. My tenant has a business. An active one. People ring my bell all hours of the day and night. "I just need to drop something off by the door". And when I get mad I'm the "nasty landlord". My tenant doesn't say it her customers do. Somebody once called me on my home number how dare I not buzz her in and how dare I even tell her something for ringing my bell Banging head Banging head Banging head

You need to tell your tenant to move or you terminate her contract.
This is so not OK

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:28 am
kenz wrote:
It’s a very typical situation in NY for single girls from out of town to room together in basement apartments. It’s also typical of them to change roommates frequently. Some get married, some move in with others, some move back home. It’s not unusual at all. The only unusual thing is the lack of manners they displayed. Nowhere is it normal for people to ring bells at 2 or 4 am. And it’s not OP’s fault.
OP, hopefully it was a one time faux pas based on their having just arrived and being confused, and won’t happen again.

Honestly, the way some of this is described, it sounds like the landlords might be airbnbing it (or similar) within a certain demographic. Maybe times have changed since I was rooming with other girls, but the setup I'm familiar with sounds nothing like OP's. This sounds like a much shorter type rental than anything I experienced. Turnover in roommates isn't crazy, but it's not multiple people a month, unless something is crazy wrong with the room, in which case they wouldn't recommend it to others. OP said some are using it for dating, so that's probably really short term. And last night it was a couple coming to use the place, but there's also girls living down there, who had no clue they were coming? Obviously the couple is not looking to start their family in a shared space with people who barely know them. This is probably a week or a weekend away.

OP needs to talk to the landlords again. She's living above what's essentially a hostel, and the owners are not sufficiently advising the guests on how to get in and the proper rules. Whenever I've stayed at an airbnb, there was a list of rules before I ever entered (including about how to enter), and also a rules book in the house itself. It's really not the guests' fault if they're showing up from overseas in middle of the night and the people who said everything would be arranged have failed them.

If OP has already spoken to the landlord about this, the landlord should have been warning each and every visitor, in capital letters "DO NOT RING X BELL" and make entry to their accommodation simpler than whatever is happening. I'm assuming it's the landlord organizing these rentals. If it's another tenant, it's still on the landlord to stop this madness.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:43 am
WhatFor wrote:
Honestly, the way some of this is described, it sounds like the landlords might be airbnbing it (or similar) within a certain demographic. Maybe times have changed since I was rooming with other girls, but the setup I'm familiar with sounds nothing like OP's. This sounds like a much shorter type rental than anything I experienced. Turnover in roommates isn't crazy, but it's not multiple people a month, unless something is crazy wrong with the room, in which case they wouldn't recommend it to others. OP said some are using it for dating, so that's probably really short term. And last night it was a couple coming to use the place, but there's also girls living down there, who had no clue they were coming? Obviously the couple is not looking to start their family in a shared space with people who barely know them. This is probably a week or a weekend away.

OP needs to talk to the landlords again. She's living above what's essentially a hostel, and the owners are not sufficiently advising the guests on how to get in and the proper rules. Whenever I've stayed at an airbnb, there was a list of rules before I ever entered (including about how to enter), and also a rules book in the house itself. It's really not the guests' fault if they're showing up from overseas in middle of the night and the people who said everything would be arranged have failed them.

If OP has already spoken to the landlord about this, the landlord should have been warning each and every visitor, in capital letters "DO NOT RING X BELL" and make entry to their accommodation simpler than whatever is happening. I'm assuming it's the landlord organizing these rentals. If it's another tenant, it's still on the landlord to stop this madness.

So it’s year rental. Some girls got engaged and moved out. It’s not the best location that’s why people are constantly moving out before the lease is up.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:45 am
WhatFor wrote:

It’s not possible to make another entrance.
You enter the main gate and have two choices up the stairs for floor one and two or walk to “side” which is under the front stairs to get to the basement.

gamanit

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:16 pm
NechaMom wrote:
That's very frustrating! Can you unplug your bell every night before you go to sleep?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod.....;th=1

Maybe keep it plugged into one of these so you can set up a schedule from your phone of when you want it on and when not.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 12:30 pm
gamanit wrote:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B8W2KHZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

Maybe keep it plugged into one of these so you can set up a schedule from your phone of when you want it on and when not.

Good idea. I have similar timer already.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 1:41 pm
NechaMom wrote:
LOL
Don't forget they likely landed from France in middle of the night without clear instructions where they need to go. Hopefully it's a one off occurrence and won't happen again. Personally, I'd go to the door and try to help them instead of unplugging bells and getting all worked up about the banging. They did seem lost and in need of help. However, if this would happen often I'd be very angry and disable the bell at night.

I need my sleep I go to sleep around 11;00 and fall asleep 11:30/12:00. I wake up before seven everyday because that’s when my kids wake up. And sleeping 3 hours isn’t good for anyone.

amother
Cerise

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:09 pm
amother Cerulean wrote:
Don't get me started on this one. My tenant has a business. An active one. People ring my bell all hours of the day and night. "I just need to drop something off by the door". And when I get mad I'm the "nasty landlord". My tenant doesn't say it her customers do. Somebody once called me on my home number how dare I not buzz her in and how dare I even tell her something for ringing my bell Banging head Banging head Banging head
You really shouldn't allow your tenant to use your property for commercial use. You could have issues with your insurance. Ch"v.

gamanit

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:20 pm
amother Cerise wrote:
You really shouldn't allow your tenant to use your property for commercial use. You could have issues with your insurance. Ch"v.

Nothing wrong with commercial tenant in basement. You just need to be listed as additional insured on their insurance policy. The commercial tenant is supposed to send an insurance certificate that you can give to your insurance company.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:45 pm
amother Cerise wrote:

I'm not worried. It's busy. People coming and going but they're not jumping on trampolines. It's not a noisy business. It's just the coning and goings.

amother
Cerulean

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 2:48 pm
Bnei Berak 10 wrote:
You need to tell your tenant to move or you terminate her contract.
This is so not OK

It's easier said than done because at the end of the day my tenants themselves (husband and wife) are amazing people. They pay on time. We once had that they paid late and we ended up getting a certain penalty because of that. They were so apologetic about it. The next month they added additional $ we shouldn't be out of pocket because of them. They keep the place immaculate. Museum clean. It's not so simple. Because of some of their lousy customers I should evict them.

Comptroller

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 4:56 pm
amother OP wrote:
America. A bunch French people and the couple was French too.

Those bloody foreigners! Build the wall!!!

WhatFor

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:02 pm
amother OP wrote:
So it’s year rental. Some girls got engaged and moved out. It’s not the best location that’s why people are constantly moving out before the lease is up.

A couple was coming to stay to rent space in the apartment with multiple other girls for a year? You said people come stay there for dating, so I'm assuming they're religious. This is not a religious setup. Maybe you were told that they rent it for a year at a time. Maybe they offer it for that length of time if someone would take it. But it seems pretty clear from the amount of unusual disruptions that there are also very temporary renters there. Or maybe they rented it to someone for a year who's subletting it to a bunch of short term visitors. Either way, not a normal situation, and this is why you have multiple instances of people ringing your doorbell at ungodly hours when most people here never had to experience that once.

People thought you were crazy for not answering the door because for most people, this is such a crazy situation, that someone would only ring that late in a serious emergency. You didn't answer because you've grown so used to it, that you knew it wasn't an emergency. This isn't normal.

Don't buy the story about yearly rentals or even monthly rentals. If it were long term, you wouldn't have so many people ringing your bell in middle of the night. And people aren't committing to month-long rentals for a date. You're being taken for a ride. These are very short term rentals.

I don't think I'd happily share a house with a bunch of short term renters. Maybe I'd have agreed when I was single and for a big discount. At a certain point though, it can predictably be a huge issue, unless the host is super professional and organized about how they run their ship (and how they select their guests). It doesn't sound like these hosts are.

You need to put your foot down with your landlords about this.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:03 pm
WhatFor wrote:
A couple was coming to stay to rent space in the apartment with multiple other girls for a year? You said people come stay there for dating, so I'm assuming they're religious. This is not a religious setup. Maybe you were told that they rent it for a year at a time. Maybe they offer it for that length of time if someone would take it. But it seems pretty clear from the amount of unusual disruptions that there are also very temporary renters there. Or maybe they rented it to someone for a year who's subletting it to a bunch of short term visitors. Either way, not a normal situation, and this is why you have multiple instances of people ringing your doorbell at ungodly hours when most people here never had to experience that once.

People thought you were crazy for not answering the door because for most people, this is such a crazy situation, that someone would only ring that late in a serious emergency. You didn't answer because you've grown so used to it, that you knew it wasn't an emergency. This isn't normal.

Don't buy the story about yearly rentals or even monthly rentals. If it were long term, you wouldn't have so many people ringing your bell in middle of the night. And people aren't committing to month-long rentals for a date. You're being taken for a ride. These are very short term rentals.

I don't think I'd happily share a house with a bunch of short term renters. Maybe I'd have agreed when I was single and for a big discount. At a certain point though, it can predictably be a huge issue, unless the host is super professional and organized about how they run their ship (and how they select their guests). It doesn't sound like these hosts are.

I mentioned above. That the girl stayed and the guy didn’t.
The current girls are here since September time. Some are moving out because they are engaged. The ringing of the doorbell is every few months. Not nightly or weekly or monthly. The landlord didn’t even know this girl/lady was coming to stay for one night. Let alone the girls that live there didn’t know either.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:06 pm
WhatFor wrote:

Another reason why we didn’t answer the door right away is because so many times the bell rang and nobody was there. In the day as well.

amother
Sunflower

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:12 pm
Op do you live in ch? Sounds very typical

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:30 pm
If anyone wants to be dlz:

When you travel on a long flight especially in a different time zone, then go through customs, luggage, call a cab, travel to destination etc etc, it's so easy to lose track of what time it is.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 6:33 pm
amother Navy wrote:
If anyone wants to be dlz:

When you travel on a long flight especially in a different time zone, then go through customs, luggage, call a cab, travel to destination etc etc, it's so easy to lose track of what time it is.

True. But she only had an overnight bag. Dunno where the guy went.

amother
cornflower

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 8:27 pm
amother Sunflower wrote:
Op do you live in ch? Sounds very typical

Yes sounds typical ch. I’m assuming the boy was this girls brother dropping her off especially since you said it’s not a good location which can mean it’s not so safe for a girl to walk along at night.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette