Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps
Bais Yaakov overnight camp high functioning

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:27 am
Hi are there any bais yaakov type overnight camps which would be a good fit for a high functioning child. Diagnosis is learning disability, adhd etc
For next summer.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:28 am
Kaylie is meant for this https://campkaylie.org/about/why-camp-kaylie/

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:30 am
Yes, this is would be a perfect set up. I'm just wondering if there are any bais yaakov camps that are similar. I don't think Kaylee is a bais yaakov type of camp.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:33 am
amother OP wrote:
Yes, this is would be a perfect set up. I'm just wondering if there are any bais yaakov camps that are similar. I don't think Kaylee is a bais yaakov type of camp.

It’s not? I know so many bais yaakov type families that go.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:36 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
It’s not? I know so many bais yaakov type families that go.

I didn't know much about it truthfully. I really don't know anything about the girls that go. The boys that I know that go for boys half are not yeshivish.

Curious if anyone else here feels the same way, that the girls half is a bais yaakov/yeshivish crowd?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:38 am
My friends with girls with learning issues and adhd go to the same camps their friends go to.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:43 am
amother OP wrote:
I didn't know much about it truthfully. I really don't know anything about the girls that go. The boys that I know that go for boys half are not yeshivish.

Curious if anyone else here feels the same way, that the girls half is a bais yaakov/yeshivish crowd?

I have a nephew who goes to Camp Kaylie, he's SN and he's definitely not yeshivish. His brother went as a counselor. He's RWMO.

I don't know if the girl's half compares.

But why does your DD need a SN camp? Are there more behavioral issues that need addressing in the summertime? My daughter has ADD and the summertime is when she lets go of having to focus thru hours of classes and has fun......I did switch her to a smaller camp after two summers in CBY, because CBY has gotten very big and she wasn't so happy there (it's a great camp, just wasn't right for her.)

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:50 am
Chayalle wrote:
I have a nephew who goes to Camp Kaylie, he's SN and he's definitely not yeshivish. His brother went as a counselor. He's RWMO.

I don't know if the girl's half compares.

But why does your DD need a SN camp? Are there more behavioral issues that need addressing in the summertime? My daughter has ADD and the summertime is when she lets go of having to focus thru hours of classes and has fun......I did switch her to a smaller camp after two summers in CBY, because CBY has gotten very big and she wasn't so happy there (it's a great camp, just wasn't right for her.)

Yes, there are other things going on as well. She would not be able to indep function in an overnight camp without a 1:1 aide. She is not mainstreamed for school. She goes to a special school for kids with her diagnosis.

amother
DarkOrange

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:51 am
What about the special bunks each camp has? Is she too high functioning for those?

mha3484

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:54 am
A child in a special ed school needing 1:1 help falls under a different category then high functioning. You may want to change your title a bit to get better answers.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:58 am
mha3484 wrote:
A child in a special ed school needing 1:1 help falls under a different category then high functioning. You may want to change your title a bit to get better answers.

That's a good point. She presents to others as high functioning (until you spend extended time with her) but she does need 1:1 if she were in a sleepaway camp. I don't want to put the details here but that's the story. I guess it's a bit unusual.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 7:59 am
amother DarkOrange wrote:
What about the special bunks each camp has? Is she too high functioning for those?

Which camps have?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Summer Camps