Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
I need some advice....

amother

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 6:41 pm
I invested in a certain product to sell wholesale. I need a list of shops which sell these items in order to be able to contact them, which sites would provide me lists of all the shops selling these type of products.

Also this is the first time I am doing this, I was wondering how do I approach the shops (non-jewish shops too) Do I do it in writing, email or phone? what do I tell them.....

Anyone that is into wholesaling/distributing and can help me I would really appreaciate it!

TIA

ShakleeMom

Post Sat, Aug 30 2008, 9:07 pm
Have you considered Ebay? Once you see what kind of people buy it, you will know what kind of shops to approach. Always sound very professional and say, “I have a huge shipment imported form X and am looking for a retail stores that want to add X to their line. Do you have a customer base that would interesting in this item? You can check out my website for more information. Emailing and mailing is not as effective as calling. Keep notes, and follow up consistently. It’s nuts but some places will actually WAIT to decide until after you’ve followed up. They just want to make sure it’s not an Indian doing cold calling for you, and that’s it’s a human who really wants the business.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 3:15 pm
I am not loking to do ebay, I am new but I have a legal company, I just need some advice on how to begin.

ShakleeMom

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:45 pm
Ebay will teach you a bit about the market. just two or three runs is enough.

amother

Post Sun, Aug 31 2008, 5:52 pm
Can I ask what type of products?
I am starting a retail website and am wondering if we can hook up?

Ilovechoumous

Post Sat, Sep 06 2008, 10:45 am
One way of doing it,
Research which stores have similar items that would be good for them to carry. Call the store and ask the clerk if you could speak to a manager by phone. Once you make an appt. explain what type of item you carry, and ask them if they are interested, try to get an appt to show them. bring some samples, etc. perhaps at this point you should also bring some type of typed up document that has the name of the company on the top, and a list of items that you carry, the wholesale prices, suggested retail price and a box next to it with the amounts. you should also have a little blurb about responsibility for the items.
I hope this helps. pm me if you have any questions. ive done this once.
good luck.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics