Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette
Driveway car takes street parking
1  2  3  4  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:17 pm
Do you get bothered when someone who has a driveway takes street parking in an area where it is hard to find parking?

amother
Maroon

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:23 pm
amother OP wrote:
Do you get bothered when someone who has a driveway takes street parking in an area where it is hard to find parking?

Yes, I think that it's really rude & inconsiderate.

amother
Dimgray

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:28 pm
Yes! Especially when the neighbor doesn't have a driveway

yrb

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 9:32 pm
Yes, it’s really inconsiderate especially in a area where its hard to find parking

tweety1

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:02 pm
Yes yes and yes. He doesn't ever park in his driveway. Even by mistake but gets mad when others block it.

teachkids

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:12 pm
If people are going to block his driveway that he can't reliably get his car out, I hear parking on the street.

There was also the apartment that technically had a driveway, but if we used it, the basement entrance for that tenant was totally unusable. So it looked like there was a driveway, but it wasn't a functional driveway

amother
Pumpkin

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:34 pm
We have a driveway and 2 cars. I almost always park in the st. Dh car has commercial plates and can’t be on the st. Over the yrs I’ve had numerous neighbors come over to me to lecture me on why can’t I park in driveway. There may b a reason why ur neighbor parks in the st even tho there’s a driveway.

amother
Ginger

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 10:43 pm
I think it’s a horrible thing to do

amother
Aster

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:06 pm
teachkids wrote:
If people are going to block his driveway that he can't reliably get his car out, I hear parking on the street.

There was also the apartment that technically had a driveway, but if we used it, the basement entrance for that tenant was totally unusable. So it looked like there was a driveway, but it wasn't a functional driveway

So let him block his own driveway at least?

farm

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:08 pm
No. Street is public parking. I do get annoyed at people who complain about neighbors who park in ‘their’ spot (the public curb in front of their house). Or maybe the right word is amused.

amother
Raspberry

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:11 pm
amother Aster wrote:
So let him block his own driveway at least?

Its illegal to block any driveway incl your own

amother
Crystal

Post Mon, Jun 10 2024, 11:18 pm
amother Raspberry wrote:

huh?

amother
Petunia

Post Yesterday at 12:14 am
amother Raspberry wrote:

No itsnot. At least in nyc it’s not.

amother
Nemesia

Post Yesterday at 2:08 am
amother Petunia wrote:
No itsnot. At least in nyc it’s not.

I've known people who got tickets for it in Brooklyn.

amother
Smokey

Post Yesterday at 2:31 am
It really annoys me, also on my block we have a chat and everyday someone is complaining about someone blocking their driveways and they take pictures of the cars and license plates when most of the time they don't use their driveways it's hysterical!

They should be happy they have driveways and use them and stop making it harder for others to park! Circling the block at night to find parking is not fun everyone should be more considerate.

amother
Hyssop

Post Yesterday at 3:35 am
amother Smokey wrote:
It really annoys me, also on my block we have a chat and everyday someone is complaining about someone blocking their driveways and they take pictures of the cars and license plates when most of the time they don't use their driveways it's hysterical!

They should be happy they have driveways and use them and stop making it harder for others to park! Circling the block at night to find parking is not fun everyone should be more considerate.

It's not hysterical.
It's because of people with your attitude that I cant use my driveway.
If I have to worry about not being able to get out of my driveway because people are blocking me in, well then guess what. I won't use my driveway.

When people become more considerate and stop blocking my driveway, then I'll think about using it. Until then, stop blocking mine.

You're not the driveway police.

singleagain

Post Yesterday at 4:06 am
If someone is blocking your driveway, call a tow truck. They will stop blocking your driveway very quickly.

I get more annoyed when someone parks in between what could be two spots. I don't have a driveway. A lot of my neighbors do some of them park in the driveway. Some of them don't. I honestly don't know because I don't pay attention to which cars belong to which houses.

But what annoys me is when there are certain areas of curb that can fit two or three cars and one person parks in such a way that they only are parking one or two cars in that spot. That's what annoys me.

Part of me kind of wants to paint lines on the curb like hey, you can fit three cars here but I don't know if that's appropriate.

amother
Brass

Post Yesterday at 4:09 am
I had a driveway but used to park on the street. It was so tight it was really hard getting in and out.

teachkids

Post Yesterday at 4:14 am
amother Nemesia wrote:
I've known people who got tickets for it in Brooklyn.

You can fight it easily with proof you live there, but you have to spend the time fighting it.

Ema of 5

Post Yesterday at 4:17 am
We used to live in a condo that had private driveway for each unit, and then two extra ones at the end. I would park in one of the extra ones so that when my husband would come home at night he would have a place to park.
We have a driveway now, and ample street parking, but if there wasn’t ample parking I would park on the street so my husband could have a spot. What I find more rude is blocking a driveway or parking in a way that takes up two spots.
Sure I could h as be someone towed for blocking my driveway, but that could take a while, and I might need to leave before that.
Page 1 of 4 1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Relationships -> Manners & Etiquette